Patient Services Representative, HFMG, Gateway Cardiology Non Invasiv, Full Time
Company: Health First
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description:To be fully engaged in providing No Harm/Quality,
Customer Experience, and Stewardship through friendly, rapid and
accurate patient support, including completion of patient
registration documentation, appointment scheduling and assistance
with a variety of departmental projects and clerical duties.?
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports the organizations
mission, vision and value statement.
- Completes work within authorized time to ensure compliance with
- Maintains established benchmarks as related to assigned tasks
and shows continual growth and improvement in benchmarks.
- Pre-registers, pre-certifies and schedules patients accurately
and in a timely manner.
- Processes and maintains all schedules for area of
responsibility, runs schedules daily,?forwards to appropriate
departments and/or individuals in a timely manner. Communicates
schedule changes as needed.
- Assembles charts accurately; verifies correct patient name,
orders applicable records, verifies charge information is on
- Shows commitment to individual and departmental Continuous
Quality Improvement?and organizational operational
- Adheres to all HFMG policies to ensure patient?s privacy and
the confidentiality of the Health Information.
- Provides general reception duties including\: greeting and
assisting customers in a timely and courteous manner with a willing
and helpful attitude.
- Answers telephones properly, courteously, and tactfully with
the public, physicians, outside businesses, and other
departments.?Directs calls to the appropriate party and transfers
when appropriate.?Takes complete and accurate messages.
- Responds to phone messages in a timely manner.
- Maintains physician and mid-level provider patient appointment
- Facilitates patient appointments and referrals in a timely,
efficient and friendly manner.
- Provides superior customer service focused on professional and
effective communication with patients and co-workers.
- Engages patients who have been waiting past their appointment
time notifying the patients of any delays.
- Understands the impact of actions, attitudes, and the patient?s
perception as it relates to overall customer satisfaction and be
self-aware of how your role affects the customer?s experience.
- Obtains demographic and insurance information from patient in a
pleasant, efficient manner and inputs data accurately into the
patient management system.
- Verifies patient?s eligibility of insurance utilizing assigned
tools and resources, updates demographic and insurance as needed
and copies information into the patient?s account.
- Prepares a financial estimate of the anticipated price for the
services to be rendered prior to the performance of services and
communicates the information to the patient.
- Collects all current and past-due patient responsibility
balances (i.e.,?co-payment, deductible, coinsurance, self-pay
balances, retail products, bad debt balance) prior to services
- Performs daily reconciliation, balancing and cash out
- Enters payments correctly into OTC and Cash Deposits
- Prepares the next day?s work for all scheduled patients to
include the financial estimate of the patient responsibility
- Initiates IT work tickets to resolve equipment or system
- Maintains documentation for service on
- Educational requirement of high school graduate and 1-2 years
(Certified Administrative Professional), or two-year associate
degree and 1 year of experience in either clerical role or
healthcare environment; or high school graduate or equivalent and
two years of experience is required.
- Typing 45 WPM.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology and abbreviations
- Ability to use or operate computer, copy machine, and fax
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word and
- Demonstrates ability to relate well to all customers.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
Keywords: Health First, Melbourne , Patient Services Representative, HFMG, Gateway Cardiology Non Invasiv, Full Time, Sales , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!