Customer Sales Associate
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: September 15, 2018
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands-includingClub Car--,Ingersoll Rand--,Thermo King--,Trane--,American Standard-- Heating & Air ConditioningandARO--- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit. Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
As a Customer Sales Associate, you will be a trusted advisor to customers who visit our Trane Supply stores. You will assist with customer needs by resolving parts or equipment issues and delivering quality parts and solutions offerings in a timely manner. You will be responsible for processing customer orders and responding to their inquiries, questions or complaints regarding Parts and Supply offerings and offer solutions to ensure customer satisfaction and future sales. Successful Customer Sales Associates have solid understanding of product offerings, achieve sales goals and take responsibility for the order management processes.
Customer Facing (60%)
- Actively engages with both counter customers and phone customers to fully identify needs, respond to inquiries or questions, and offer timely quality solutions.
- Engage every customer when they enter store, before they reach the counter (10 ft /10 seconds in store rule of engagement)
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Meets or exceeds sales plans by having maintaining current knowledge of all portfolio offerings and demonstrate technical knowledge to provide value propositions to the customer and drive sales
- Partners with customers to grow sales by identifying related products or add on extensions needs and making customers aware of product promotions and adding lines to parts orders.
- Figures out the best method to resolve problems and ensure customer satisfaction while adhering to company policies.
- Enter all orders as quotes
- Makes outbound calls including marketing new products.
- Generates lead sheets for Account Managers
- Occasionally visits external customers to better understand their needs and potential sales opportunities in future.
- Parts identification and troubleshooting, beyond OEM parts.
- Identify items which meet the needs uncovered during conversations with customers in store, on phone and at customer site and submit them for addition to showroom portfolio.
- Processes Refrigerant Reclaims Operations (ranges 20-30% depending on number of store associates)
- Executes quote and order management processes with high level of accuracy to expedite the fulfillment process and ensure customer satisfaction and timely delivery entering quotes and invoices and follow through on fulfillment.
- Helps plan store customer and vendor events.
- Completes training as required, including safety training, certification and testing.
- Reinforces culture of safety by utilizing all appropriate resources to safely perform all functions of the job
- Understand and execute processes and standard work.
- Identify new opportunities for process improvements.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required. Back office (ranges 10-20% depending on number of store associates)
- Completes cycle counts
- Inventory management back orders, PO receipts, transfers
- Responsible for staging, shipping and receiving parts, equipment, and supplies.
- Stocks the parts store with an appropriate amount of merchandise.
- Responsible for inventory control and bin location.
- Enters inventory into software system.
- Manages will calls.
- May deliver parts to customer locations or job sites.
- Practices safe material handling techniques.
- Filing of M/S's, freight bills of lading, equipment packing slips, etc. for inventory reconciliation and audit purposes.
- Responsible for filing of freight claims for damaged goods.
- Handles transfers between locations.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required. Winning Culture:
- Genuinely and effectively works effectively with diverse team of different backgrounds and experiences to achieve business results.
- Mentors and assists with onboarding of new associates
- Continuously seeks out opportunities for learning.
- Participates in different team and community involvement activities.
- Recognizes others for work well-done.
- Demonstrates engaging customer-facing behaviors and customer service Supervisory responsibilities - This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications: Education and/or Experience We are looking for a customer oriented person with a High school diploma or GED required plus minimum of 2 years of inside sales, retail or related experience. HVAC sales or related HVAC experience is beneficial. A mechanical aptitude and background will be helpful in this role. Proven experience in building customer relationships. Key Competencies:
- Proven sales and customer service skills.
- Must have a strong instinct to act, a strong team player and be able to maintain a high energy level even with challenging situations or customers.
- A strong knowledge and comfort level with computers is necessary. Programs used include Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook. We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations. If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Melbourne , Customer Sales Associate, Sales , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!