Sr Specialist, Electrical Engineer (Radiation Effects)
Company: Capital Markets Placement
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Description: Job Title: Sr Specialist, Electrical Engineer (Radiation Effects) Job Code: SIS-26833 Job Location: Melbourne, FL Job Description: Harris' Space and Intelligence Systems seeks a Radiation Effects Engineer with expertise in space radiation to join our growing team. The person in this position will be responsible for supporting the development of precision navigation and timing products, and ensuring survivability in the on-orbit environment. This includes all phases of product development from initial architecture and development of interfaces and component requirements thru design, testing and verification, on to production support. Some products may require operational support and on-orbit anomaly resolution. Tasks will include characterization of space environment impacts on system performance, testing and selecting parts, and evaluation of alternative designs for optimum robustness and performance.
- Determine and specify space environments for systems, subsystems and components.
- Understand space environment interactions with spacecraft components and materials.
- Perform analysis and modeling of designs against expected environments to verify robustness.
- Assist with requirements analysis and parts selection recommendations (eg. SCD's, PAR's).
- Apply understanding of Total Ionizing Dose, Displacement Damage, and Single Event Effects
- Plan and execute component testing for TID, SEE, DD, Prompt Dose (Flash X-ray).
- Prepare test reports, present results and achieve customer approvals. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years of experience or equivalent Preferred Additional Skills:
- MS or PhD degree in physics, engineering or similar technical field preferred
- Experience in planning and execution of RLAT, SEE, and FXR tests on components and subsystems
- Experience in using one or more radiation transport analysis (eg. GEANT4, MCNPX, NOVICE) or radiation effects testing
- Knowledge/experience in the effects of UV and atomic oxygen on materials and components
- Experience in analysis, control and mitigation for spacecraft charging
- Understanding of NWE and how to interpret/mitigate, i.e. PD upset/transient/latch up/burnout, SGEMP, IEMP, and fission byproducts.
- RF domain knowledge
- Experience in design and/or analysis of digital and analog circuits
- Knowledge/use of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge/experience in the effects of radiation on materials and components.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Able to present results and communicate with Customers and Senior Management Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Employeroration may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement. #LI-SIS
Department: Engineering - provided by Dice Analysis, ANSI, Architecture, Circuits, Development, Electrical Engineer, Flash, Genetic, Management, Materials, Modeling, Physics, RF, Security, Testing
Keywords: Capital Markets Placement, Melbourne , Sr Specialist, Electrical Engineer (Radiation Effects), Professions , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!