Mechanical Integration Technician II
Company: Blue Origin
Location: Merritt Island
Posted on: November 21, 2022
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and
problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of
safety. This position will directly impact the history of space
exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention
towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the
cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin's vision of
millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.As
part of a diverse and hardworking team of Integration Technicians,
you will be responsible for launch systems fabrication and
operation, facility operation, maintenance and integration for
various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team's impact on
all aspects of launch pad systems.We are looking for someone to
apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment
to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for
our mission and vision is required!
- Launch pad system fabrication, operation and maintenance:
- Fabrication, routing, and testing of pressurization and
- Installation and checkout of wire harnesses and
- Machine shop equipment operation and maintenance.
- Reviewing, editing and following test procedures.
- Operation of test equipment.
- General trouble shooting of instrumentation, valve actuation,
and system performance.
- Communication with engineers on design concepts/improvements
and development tests.
- Planning and communicating assembly steps for complex
- Providing design feedback on system installation and
- Safely working with hazardous chemicals and high pressure
- 5+ years of experience in rocket engine test facility support,
machine shop equipment, or closely related applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work with:
- Test, flight and safety critical hardware.
- Standard mechanical tools, fabrication shop equipment.
- Experience with pneumatic systems, propellant loading and
- Ability to read and interpret drawings - GD&T per ASME
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. work in adverse weather conditions and
climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident
(current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as
a refugee or granted asylum.
- 7+ years' experience in propulsion facility/system or launch
vehicle operation, integration or maintenance.
- Working knowledge of a variety of rocket propellants, including
hydrogen peroxide, RP, and cryogenics.
- Knowledge in the use of 3D CAD tools (CREO is preferred).
- Familiarity with tube fabrication (bend, flare, fittings,
hydrostatic testing) and pressurized system safety.
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes,
forklifts scissor lifts and man lifts in close proximity to flight
critical hardware and systems.
- MIG/TIG, orbital welding experience.Don't meet every single
requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to
apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification.
At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive,
and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but
your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every
qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply
anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other
roles.Export Control RegulationsApplicants for employment at Blue
Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident
(i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the
U.S.as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment OpportunityBlue
Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing
a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin
hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications,
performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and
maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and
teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the
diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified
applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities
for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment,
regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age,
physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran
status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal,
state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more
information on "EEO Is the Law," please see here and here.Blue
Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair
Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other
applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability
AccommodationApplicants wishing to receive information on Blue
Origin's Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a
reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application
and/or interview process, please contact us at
EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.BenefitsEmployee Benefits include:
Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance,
short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company
match.Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition
to 14 holidays
Keywords: Blue Origin, Melbourne , Mechanical Integration Technician II, Professions , Merritt Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!