Company: The Carlton of West Melbourne
Posted on: September 19, 2022
LEASING CONSULTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Executive DirectorFLSA Status: Full-Time,
The primary responsibility of the Leasing Consultant position is to
lease apartments to prospective residents by effectively
demonstrating value in the features and amenities of the community
and specific floor plan styles. In this role, the individual should
maintain a positive rapport with future residents and provide a
high level of detailed follow-up with prospects. The associate
should display a proactive, positive attitude and be willing to
assist in all aspects of leasing, marketing, and customer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Becomes an expert on the features and amenities of the
community as well as specific floor plan styles. Comprehends how
these compare to local market competitors and displays sound and
equitable information to all prospects throughout the rental
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency with prospective and current
residents in answering phone calls, responding to emails, and
following up on inquiries and/or addressing concerns.
- Conducts timely follow-up on leads for new leasing
opportunities and overcomes prospect objections.
- Establishes timely and accurate recordkeeping while maintaining
prospect information and preparing the rental application and
review of qualifying documents.
- Presents the community, model apartments, and amenities to
prospective residents in a professional and knowledgeable manner
throughout the tour process.
- Displays excellent customer service by assisting residents in a
courteous and efficient manner; playing a vital role in ensuring
overall resident satisfaction and retention.
- Monitors and maintains future resident list applicants and
notifies applicants of future availability in a timely
- Promptly notes changes in availability of apartments and
expeditiously processes applicants from the future resident list to
fill vacant apartments.
- Evaluates applicant qualification documents and prepares lease
documents for approval and execution by Leasing Manger and/or
- Calculates rent pro-rations, security deposits, and other
move-in costs as well as effectively communicates on-going rental
charges to future or current residents.
- Exhibits proficiency in understanding tenant/landlord
regulations along with lease documents. Further demonstrates
knowledge of lease guidelines and rules when communicating to
future and current residents.
- Ensures the leasing office, models, vacant apartments and
common areas are in proper tour condition and personally inspects
areas before tours or move-in, reporting deficiencies to Leasing
Manager and/or Executive Director.
- Interacts amicably with prospects, applicants, and residents
with a "service-minded" attitude and addresses any needs and
concerns regarding the leasing process and resident services.
- Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality of co-workers,
management, owners, past and current residents, and vendors.
- Adheres to established regulations related to the Fair Housing
- Maintains consistent and timely attendance, sets an example for
their co-workers in punctuality.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Word/Excel/General computer skills are required
- Real Page/OneSite experience preferred
- MAC computer experience preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends; Monday
through Sunday, 9am - 6pm
- Ability to resolve resident concerns while maintaining a
friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to write and communicate professionally
- Ability to apply sound decision-making when assisting prospects
or current residents
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork by assisting co-workers
- Ability to communicate professionally and adapt interpersonal
skills to a variety of audiences
- Must have a valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the
essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is continually required to:
- Stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle, feel or
grip, and reach with hands and arms while performing standard
- Frequently required to climb stairs, walk, talk, hear, and
drive a golf cart while touring prospects throughout the
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently use common office equipment, telephone, computer,
keyboard, mouse, two-way radio, and variety of different keys.
POSITION SPECIFICS & BENEFITS
- Full-time position; 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Rotating
- 96 hours PTO accrued each year for first two years of
- 136 hours of PTO each year after two years and above
- 176 hours of PTO accrued each year after 7 years of
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance available after 30-day
- 401k with 3% contribution
- Good background required
- 90-day probationary period
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employers. In compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act, Mahaffey Apartment Company
will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current
employees to discuss potential accommodations with the
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Management reserves the right to add to or modify the duties and/or
responsibilities of the Leasing Consultant position at any
Keywords: The Carlton of West Melbourne, Melbourne , Leasing Consultant, Professions , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!