Boateka- Forklift Operator/Boatyard Technician
Company: Brunswick Corp.
Location: Merritt Island
Posted on: September 13, 2022
It is our people behind life's passions who will make the big
difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company
that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and
working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you've
found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Boateka is a fast-growing business aiming to simplify and elevate
the boat buying experience. We operate as a new venture within
Brunswick Corporation, offering our employees the exciting culture
of a start-up and the confidence of our parent company's size and
capabilities. We offer an outstanding benefits package which
includes medical/dental/vision insurance, tuition reimbursement,
and parental leave, to name a few.
- Unload and stage boats coming into the Sales center using a
marine lift or overhead cranes
- Transfer (towing) units to storage lot or from storage lot to
- Transfer boats from Sales racks to trailers for water
- Towing boats to/from boat ramp for sea trial purposes
- Deep cleaning of boats inside and out
- Maintains sales lot organization and cleanliness
- Maintain cleanliness and detailing of boats on the sales
- Ability to recognize and protect precious boat components while
- May include handling and application of solvents, hydraulic
fluids, oils, lubes, greases, paints, and fuel along with proper
* Other tasks may involve:
- Assisting in Polishing, waxing and final detail of boats
- Assisting fellow team members in the shop moving boats down the
- The repair or renewal of marine components on boats
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements could include
face respirators, dust masks, gloves, and chemical resistant
- Ability to work a 8+ hour shift standing, bending,
- Moderate lifting ability up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively to achieve
- Ability to work in a fiberglass dust environment and a fast
paced, noisy environment.
- Ability to work overtime (planned and unplanned).
- Must follow all safety and quality standards at all times,
including chemical handling standards and PPE (personal protective
- Previous forklift and boat yard experience.
- Valid driver's License OSHA Forklift Certification
- Experience towing boats on the road as well as launching and
retrieving boats from boat ramps.
- Must possess the ability to be focused on observing proper
operating procedures and safety practices.
- Understand and follow verbal and written directions.
- Ability to use hand, and pneumatic tools, buffer and abrasive
- Ability to work with fellow coworkers in close proximity and in
a team, environment displaying mutual respect.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, understand, and write
- High school diploma or GED Required.
- Must have the availability to work from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Monday - Friday, with overtime as needed to achieve targets.
Brunswick reserves the right to adjust shifts and work times as
business needs evolve.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious
places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic
chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually
Check us out at:
Brunswick is proud to be named 2021 Best Employers for Diversity &
Women, and 2020 Best Employers for Veterans by Forbes!
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and
talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your
experience is close to what you see listed here, please still
consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with
passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we
encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations
from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please
contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create
when applying through a posted position through If you are ever
unsure about what is being required of you during the application
process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at
866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.
Keywords: Brunswick Corp., Melbourne , Boateka- Forklift Operator/Boatyard Technician, Professions , Merritt Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!