Test Technician II - 1st Shift
Company: Collins Aerospace
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Purpose:Operates production equipment, responsible for
manufacturing and assembly of commercial aerospace components.
Follows blueprints, guidelines, and/or diagrams to ensure product
specifications and tolerance levels are met. Relies on limited
experience and judgment to plan and accomplish work.Responsible for
test acceptance processes in the manufacture of Collins products.
This includes responsibility for specific process or environmental
areas.Essential Responsibilities:Technical Tasks
- Perform technical tasks based on detailed written or verbal
- Utilize limited variety of microelectronic, electronic,
optical, electro-optical, mechanical, or electromechanical
equipment, including computers and lasers.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Perform entry level troubleshooting, calibration or
modification of hardware, fixtures, and software.
- Participate on project teams.
- Perform task prioritization
- Works with Engineers to analyze and resolve manufacturing test
- Assist with eliminating/reducing test defects and improve test
- Follows established test procedures and processes to support
sub-assembly and top-level testing.
- Interacts with other functional groups (e.g. engineering,
manufacturing) on routine technical matters.
- Apply technical expertise in the evaluation, development,
maintenance and use of products, devices, tests, or procedures
under constantly changing conditions where some ingenuity and
judgment are required.Manufacturing Activities
- Support activities through the resolution of problems and
preparation and maintenance of documentation.
- Manage work flow throughout area to achieve team goals.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot non-conformances.
- Fabricate hardware, equipment, tools or prototypes from
drawings or sketches.
- Estimate labor, material, and manufacturing costs for the
building and repair of product or process enhancement.
- Identify and correct minor process, material, design, or
- Provide accurate recording of time changes, test data, parts
usage, etc. This requires limited data interpretation.
- Utilize multiple databases to create/use necessary information
to provide information for decision making requiring limited
- High school diploma or equivalent. In the absence of a high
school diploma or GED, 2 years of relevant experience is
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting and problem
- Must be able to apply application of electronic theory to test
and troubleshoot at component level.
- Must be able to pass an Electronic Skills Test with a 75% grade
or higherPreferred Qualification:
- Three years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Production assembly experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of network analyzers, spectrum
analyzers, signal generators, frequency counters, and power
measurement equipment.This position is considered safety sensitive
in accordance with FAA guidelines. Candidate will be subject to
drug and alcohol testing per FAAs regulation 14 CFR part 120, as
well as 49 CFR part 40. Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies
company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent
solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins
Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and
expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the
demands of a rapidly evolving global market.Our Avionics team
advances aviation electronics and information management solutions
for commercial and military customers across the world. That means
were helping passengers reach their destination safely. Were
connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical
infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep
passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And
were providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems
that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready
to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry,
develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your
career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace Diversity &
Inclusion Statement:Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives
success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us
to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and
customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all
employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the
toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless
possibility.WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.Some of our competitive
benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime
Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto,
additional life insurance, accident insurance,critical
illnessinsurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our
strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions
require a background check, which may include a drug screen.Note:
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for
more than 1 yearAt Collins, the paths we pave together lead to
limitless possibility. And the bonds we form with our customers and
with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again. Apply now
and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace, every day.by
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Melbourne , Test Technician II - 1st Shift, Professions , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!