Diesel Fleet Technician
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Fleet Maintenance Technician
First Vehicle Services, a leading fleet maintenance provider in
North America, is now hiring a Fleet Technician II!
The shift for this position is Tuesday - Friday 3:30 pm - 12:00 am
and Saturday's 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Our fleet consists of Gillig Transit Buses diesel, Chevrolet
cutaways diesel vans Ford cutaway gas vans, IHC Defenders
We're hosting a job fair:
May 6, 2021
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
The event will be held at 460 South Harbor City Blvd, Melbourne,
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
* Top hourly wages of 19.75 - $20.57 are based on experience &
qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
* ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
* Consistent full-time, year-round work
* An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
* Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
* Annual allowances for boots, and prescription safety glasses
* Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online system
* Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
* A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
* Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
* Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other
* Remove and replace engines, transmission, and differential
* Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
* Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
* Notify the supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action is taken.
* Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where
* Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
* Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
* Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
* Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
* A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
* Valid driver's license required.
* The ability to obtain a CDL within 6 months of hire.
* 3-5 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience or
combination of education & experience.
* Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
* Must have appropriate mechanic's toolset.
* A/C experience is strongly preferred
* ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
* Strong computer skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Ability to work assigned shift.
* Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a
leader in fleet maintenance providing services to governments,
school districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and
private organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and
fire apparatus to light, medium, and heavy-duty units, marked and
unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction
equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert
maintenance services to keep fleets up and running.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Melbourne , Diesel Fleet Technician, Professions , Cocoa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!