Company: White Cap
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now know as White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White
Cap"), White Cap is made up of four distinct businesses called
White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse, Brafasco, and most recently
Construction Supply Group. White Cap has over 400 locations across
46 US States and 8 Canadian Provinces. Approximately 7,400
associates provide support for more than 230,000 customers. In
addition to value-add services, White Cap offers a portfolio of
400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals,
engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools
and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood
products. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible
for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order
pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter and
delivering product (when needed) to customers. This position
requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and
such operation may be done during the course of the average work
week. If selected for this position, the company will run a Motor
Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an
acceptable MVR report. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Completes tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking,
stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods. May be
required to carry heavy merchandise up and down stairs while using
body straps and/or furniture dolly for merchandise 50-300
- Checks items against purchase orders and packing slips and
reports shortages, damages, and other discrepancies.
- Files orders for delivery; places supplies and equipment in
- Operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete
- Drive company vehicles, on occasion to pick up incoming stock
or deliver materials to designated locations. Serve as an emergency
driver when needed for backup. (Non-CDL)
- Performs routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
Details Preferred Qualifications
- Valid license endorsement(s) for class of vehicle being
- Knowledge of warehouse procedures, requisitions, purchase
orders, invoices, and delivery documents. PRID PRID175 Job
Locations US-FL-Melbourne Job ID 27 Business Unit Construction
Industrial WC Functional Area Transportation Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time White Cap is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Melbourne , Driver Associate, Professions , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!