Revenue Cycle Spec
Company: Steward Health Care System
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Job DescriptionThe Coordinator of Revenue Enhancement will work
with departments throughout the hospital to support patient
financial services, promote a positive atmosphere and meet hospital
goals.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:Major Responsibilities & Duties: The
Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining properly
functioning revenue cycle processes through a cooperative,
cross-departmental network. He/she will concentrate resources on
improving interdepartmental processes to improve patient
throughput, reduce denials and enhance patient accounting
operations in order to maintain a stable and predictable cash flow.
Critical responsibilities include achievement of annual and
periodic goals of revenue cycle performance and the hospital's
overall financial performance, via:
- Participates in revenue cycle/billing, denial
management/follow-up, Patient Access Services, HIM, lab and other
hospital-based work teams.
- Works with management, clinical and other hospital departments,
and the patient accounting staff to improve processes, increase
accuracy, create efficiencies, resolve related issues, and achieve
the overall goals of the department.
- Maintains current policies and procedures for all departmental
- Performs XClaim and Revenue Recover training in Revenue Cycle
Systems for new users and monitors departmental clean-up of
- Monitors high dollar and aging accounts (unbilled, denials,
follow-up) in systems for escalation with departments (DNFB,
XClaim, Revenue Recover, RTS).
- Assist departments with resolving batch rejections daily.
- Reviews and ensures departments are reconciling charges on a
- In partnership with CBO, follow-up on claim status and appeals
including interaction with the payors.
- Attends weekly CBO meeting to review revenue cycle activities
and address open-items with departments (billing, AR/follow-up,
cash posting, CDM and vendor management).
- Attends weekly Patient Access Management meetings to provide
feedback and address open items with local management regarding
Revenue Cycle related activities being completed within the
- Other duties as assigned.Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for
successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with
others to achieve positive outcomes.Quality:
- Is part of a team effort to ensure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes
appropriate corrective action as needed.Knowledge:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills
through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal
educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services
and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and
all-departmental policies and procedures including safety
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital
and where they are located.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and
directives from regulatory agencies and third-party payers.Customer
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with
courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer's
satisfaction.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare collection and billing
practices and computer systems
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Strong interpersonal/public relations skills and the ability to
work effectively with a wide range of customers in a diverse
- Analytical skills necessary to examine patient accounts; detect
and resolve problems relating to accounts receivable and prepare
and administer policies, procedures and budgets.
- Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9-CM coding
- Ability to establish priorities
Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting.Experience: Preferred:
Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a healthcare
setting.Software/Hardware: Working knowledge of Microsoft PC
applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access). Experience with
Keywords: Steward Health Care System, Melbourne , Revenue Cycle Spec, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!