Systems Engineer - Avionics
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Position: Systems Engineer - AvionicsJob ID:
AS20191009-33239Location: Melbourne, FLPosition Description:Data
Comm is a transformational program within the U.S. Federal Aviation
Administration's Next Generation -Air Transportation System
(NextGen) Initiative and L3Harris is a key member of the Data Comm
Team. - L3Harris is seeking a talented mid-level Systems Engineer
lead to work with FAA and Data Comm Contractor Systems Engineering,
Technical and Flight Operations personnel to assess and track
avionics configurations and interoperability for the Data Comm
capability in the En Route phaseResponsibilities:
- Develop the cadence, schedule and direct the test efforts of
all Boeing, Airbus, General Aviation and Military test activities.
These efforts require:
- Contract actions for airframer assets, and relationship
building with numerous general aviation OEMs/suppliers and military
- Close coordination with FAA and Data Comm contractors to
schedule lab assets and resources to support test activities at the
FAA's William J Hughes Technical Center in NJ
- Assist in the test case development efforts when new releases
are planned. This requires a review of the proposed test cases,
adding missing content, and deleting non-value add content.
- Interface with industry (avionics manufacturers, air carriers,
air framers) to identify, investigate, resolve, and test avionics
- Track all known, discovered, and reported avionics related
issues from interoperability tests, and from avionics
manufacturers' issues database that impact the Data Comm
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate avionics
interoperability issues; conduct and participate in technical
Interchange Meetings, design reviews, and working groups.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to support the FAA to
formulate ground automation enhancements to mitigate
interoperability issues across various avionics suites, and get
consensus from all stakeholders, including end-users
- Articulate technical capabilities to customers, analyze
customer problems and provide innovative solutions to FAA Requests
for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Information (RFI) and Engineering
Change Proposals (ECPs).
- Lead small teams in the development of technical
- Develop new talent and foster a working environment that
encourages new ideas/solutions.
- Ability to travel to conduct and/or support avionics
interoperability test activities at the FAA's William J Hughes
Technical Center in NJ.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree preferred, in Aeronautics or
Engineering discipline (Systems, Software, Electrical, etc.) and 6+
years of experience.
- Experience with Air Traffic Control Operations/Systems, flight
management systems, avionics systems/equipment and commercial
aviation and/or airframes (e.g., Boeing; Airbus)
- Experience interfacing with customer program management and
technical representatives, system users, and aviation industry
- Knowledge of/experience with FAA Standards, Specifications,
Orders, etc. and Aerospace Industry standards (RTCA, ARINC,
- Experience working with flight management systems and avionics
- Flight experience such as FAA certified Instrument Rated
- Experience working and interfacing with military units.
- Familiarity with National Air Space (NAS) operational systems
and communications requirements.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems and Control
Keywords: L3Harris, Melbourne , Systems Engineer - Avionics, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!