Registered Nurse RN - Home Care Seasonal Contract (Previous Home Care Experience Required)
Company: Health First
Posted on: September 8, 2019
Description:Seasonal Contract Opportunities for experienced
Registered Nurses (RN)Up to 14 week assignmentsFull-time hours
availableRate of pay\: $48.00/hour?We?ve implemented, Kinnser, a
new web based, intuitive, home health software, eliminating
duplication, adding more time into your day and improving work-life
balance. The system is user friendly, efficient and allows you to
do what you do best, spend one on one time with you patients! The
OASIS encompasses the interventions and goals that will roll over
to the 485.?Health First Home Health has also moved to our new
office location.? Our beautiful office space, now centrally located
in Brevard County, was planned and designed with busy clinicians in
mind.? Easy parking, large conference rooms, work stations and
clinical support are all easily accessible.?Another key highlight
is that our Coding team and QA team is in house!?We are a dedicated
team of professionals who offer support and guidance to the home
care patient and their family / daily caregivers.? Based on the
individual patient's needs, our team of professionals and the
patient's physician create a home care plan that includes education
and training to facilitate in recovery.? We offer a dedicated team
who works diligently to provide the highest quality service
available.?Health First Home Care continues to grow as positive
feedback spreads throughout Brevard County about this team and the
quality of care we provide. Our leaders are known for their skill,
warmth, approachability and dedication.??Position Summary?The Home
Care Nurse (Case Manager) provides one-on-one care and assesses the
effective of the treatment to ensure that the patient receives the
most comprehensive, high-quality, and appropriate care possible.?
They work in a multidisciplinary team that includes\: Medical
Doctors; Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapists; Medical
Social Workers; and Home Health Aides.??Primary Accountabilities
- Performs complete comprehensive Assessment at every patient
visit, to include but not limited to psychosocial, safety, and risk
- Performs accurate OASIS Assessment time points such as SOC,
ROC, Recertification, Transfer and Discharges, to ensure quality
- Maintains compliance to State/Federal Home Care rules and
regulations and TJC standards of reference in the delivery of Home
- Participates in Performance Improvement processes by reviewing
medical records on a regular basis as assigned.
- Participates in the team interdisciplinary case conferences on
a regular basis as determined by the PI Supervisor.
- Coordinates and ensures delivery of care based on individual
patient goals within the Plan of Care.
- Coordinates effective Discharge planning with the Clinical Team
to include following patients progress toward goals as set for
patient episode of care, physician notifications of progress toward
goals and outpatient referrals as appropriate, to meet patients'
needs outside of Agency scope of practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Clinical Team with regard to
maintaining continuity of care within the agency census.
- Demonstrates professionalism by exhibiting dependability,
reliability and flexibility with a focus on a Team Approach to
- Demonstrates effective medication administration provided to
patients as evidenced by Field Supervisory/Infection Control
Evaluations, and Clinical Practice.?
- Demonstrates effective communication with other members of the
Clinical Team and promotes a cohesive multi-disciplinary approach
to patient care.??
- Utilizes Health First Home Care computer systems with regards
to all aspects of communication and documentation as set forth by
Agency Policies, MCR/TJC requirements for patient care in the home
- Adheres to all Health First, Inc. and all Health First Home
Care policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective and safe clinical practice as evidenced
by Field Supervisory/Infection Control Evaluations, completion of
yearly Competency Assessment, and Age Specific Checklist.?
- Documents all patient care, exacerbation or progress toward
goals as set for patient episode of care, physician notifications
and referrals to meet patients? needs outside of Agency scope of
- Demonstrates commitment to the clinical Team with regard to
maintaining continuity of care within that Teams patient
- Assists with the Orientation process of new associates and
- Complies with State and Federal Regulations, TJC standards in
reference to delivery of Home Care Services.
- Actively participates in Quality Improvement processes,
including peer chart reviews and self-chart reviews.
- Supervises the Home Health Aide at least every 14 days, and
supervises the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at least every 30
- Communicates effectively with discipline to provide continuity
and comprehensive care.
- When needed, assists the Weekend Staff for coverage to maintain
continuum of care.
- Participates in agency on-call as defined.
- Provides service to patients and families with sensitivity and
respect for their needs, expectations, age, cultural, and
- Contributes to the patient experience as evidenced by positive
patient satisfaction scores and HHCAHPs scores for department or
written compliments by patients/others as well as consistent
performance of purposeful skilled RN Home Visits.
- Informs patient/family of visit schedule in advance by calling
the night before and/or if schedule changes.Qualification:To be
considered applicants must meet these minimum
- Must be able to work at multiple locations throughout Brevard
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.?
- Current Florida RN licensure or endorsement.?
- Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card
- Current Florida Driver?s License, automobile insurance and
- Proficient Computer skills.
- Must have 1 year of acute care nursing experience.
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of Home Care RN
- IV Therapy and phlebotomy experience required.
Keywords: Health First, Melbourne , Registered Nurse RN - Home Care Seasonal Contract (Previous Home Care Experience Required), Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!