Senior Systems Engineer *Active Secret Clearance Required*
Company: Tsymmetry, Inc.
Posted on: July 9, 2019
About Tsymmetry: Tsymmetry provides a wide range of
industry-leading information technology services to the federal
government and Tier 1 systems integrators. We develop, deploy, and
sustain innovative and comprehensive information technology
solutions that deliver measurable performance results for our
clients. A nationally-recognized leader in providing expert,
cleared information technology consultant talent to our clients and
industry partners, Tsymmetry provides the responsiveness and
flexibility to quickly and effectively adapt to changing program
requirements. Position: Senior Systems Engineer Location:
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret Required Project Overview: The
United States Department of State, Bureau for International
Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs, Office of Aviation (INL/A)
provides aviation support for the eradication and interdiction of
illicit drugs, training of contractor and host nation personnel,
movement of personnel and equipment, reconnaissance, personnel
recovery (PR), medical evacuation, security of personnel and
equipment, and ferrying of aircraft. The Department requires
program support services to support operational missions performed
by various third party contractor personnel. The Contractor under
this Information Technology Services (ITS) contract shall provide
Information Management (IM) support, an enterprise-wide, web-based
reporting system, and full life cycle management of information
systems to include unclassified communications, data processing,
and computer systems. Positon Summary: The Senior Systems Engineer
is responsible for building, deploying, documenting, and
administering secure Windows 2012 Virtual Servers in a global
production environment governed by Department of State standards.
Analyzes business needs; this role utilizes their expertise for
designing, implementing and testing a complex infrastructure in
support of our customer needs. The Senior Systems Engineer will
produce a road map, engineer and coordinate server configuration
and management. Ensure server devices comply with established
policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration
guidelines. Responsible for the writing, implementation and
monitoring of policies, procedures and technologies to ensure
servers are running secure and efficiently for an optimal customer
experience. Assist with data integrity by evaluating, implementing,
and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Responsibilities include building, deploying, documenting, and
administering secure Windows 2012/2016 virtual servers utilizing
VMware ESXi systems.
- Perform VMware troubleshooting, installation, management and
- Manage, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange.
- Manage, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Active
Directory to include user account management, computer objects,
service accounts and design/implementation of Group Policies.
- Maintain, manage and track monthly critical and security
updates using SCCM and apply them in a production environment with
minimal server downtime.
- Engineer will coordinate testing, upgrades and confirmation of
hardware and software changes.
- Manage, maintain and troubleshoot storage area network
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware
matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity
issues, printer, and servers.
- Ensures network changes and practices are performed in
accordance with appropriate operating procedures by providing
thorough documentation in accordance with DoS standards.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support secure IIS web access,
terminal services access and terminal server printing solutions for
an online software solution.
- Maintain and manage network services such as DNS and DHCP.
- Maintain Network Load Balancing between configured
- Documents system events to ensure continuous functionality of
systems. Administrates and maintains backup and restore policies
that meet contractual requirements using online backup
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation - 2-3 times/year
- Mentor junior engineers
- Maintain required certifications
- Obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard platforms is
desirable, including Windows Server 2012 and 2016, Windows 10 and
- Candidate should have a strong grasp of Active Directory and
the ability to develop network management goals for presentation to
- Candidate should possess strong customer relation skills for
communicating with 3rd party vendor support during software
installations or troubleshooting issues.
- Possess, or ability to attain and retain a Secret Clearance is
a condition of continued employment.
- Expert level experience with Windows Server, VMware, SAN
Technologies, SCCM, CommVault, Blackberry, and/or Cisco UCS.
- Minimum 7-10 years recent experience with server design and
build-out of Servers and/or large scale infrastructure retrofit and
- Ability to track, manage, install, and remove licenses.
Interact with 3rd party vendors to manage license accounts.
- Experience working in service provider, data center/hosting
environment or large scale enterprise networks
- Experience working with 3rd party server vendors with an
understanding of the service/hardware/software portfolios they
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related
- Two (2) years of experience may be substituted for each year of
the four (4) years of college.
- Hands-on experience implementing and administrating server
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Server 2012
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Cloud Platform and
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA): Data Center
- Experience with Dell Compellent SAN
- Experience with CommVault ContentStore
- Cloud experience, Microsoft Azure preferred
- Experience implementing and managing Office 365
Keywords: Tsymmetry, Inc., Melbourne , Senior Systems Engineer *Active Secret Clearance Required*, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!