Histo/Cysto Support Tech - Melbourne
Company: Health First
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Histo/Cysto Support Tech - Lab Histology Cytology, Holmes Regional
Medical Center, Part-time-041843 POSITION SUMMARY: Tobe fully
engaged in providing No Harm / Quality, Customer Experience,
andStewardship by working as a team to maintain responsible
attitudes, performingaccurate and timely processing of specimens.
- Ensuring optimal support of laboratory testing activities
through timely and accurate specimen processing.
- Receives and processes inpatient/outpatient specimens
consistent with test requirements and specimen stability
- Processing customer requests (with the understanding that
patients, visitor, all hospital staff, physicians and fellow
co-workers are all our customers) and resolving customer issues in
a friendly, courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Using all resources in the most efficient manner.
- Assist with Autopsy procedures. PRIMARYACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Complies with policies/processes/procedures to provide accurate
results, quality products, and services with
- Assures valid patient results as evidenced by zero patient or
sample identification errors in the pre-analytical, analytical, and
post-analytical phases of laboratory procedures.
- Understands and applies quality control and equipment quality
control per department policy as measured by review of QC logs
- Understands and applies knowledge of test specimen requirements
and utilizes available reference materials to ensure that all
required specimens are collected and no omission errors or
inadequate specimen result.
- Uses care in performance of duties to avoid clerical errors at
the points of registration or test order from Reference Lab
Requisitions (errors: tests ordered under wrong account, facility,
physician); as applicable.
- Ensures the correct procedures are performed on the correct
patient by verifying two forms of patient identification.
- Reports all malfunctioning equipment (i.e., telephones, PCs,
printers, etc.) to the IT or Biomed departments, fellow associates
- Completes specified jobs/tasks by deadline and/or provides
requested information in a timely and concise manner.
- Knowledge regarding location of emergency equipment/supplies
and how to use such equipment/supplies.
- Familiar with the Health First Emergency Kardex and
responsibilities in relation to specified emergent codes.
- Responsible for hurricane preparedness and theirparticular
responsibilities as a Health First associate
- Knowledge of specimen collection requirements and provides
accurate and timely laboratory expertise.
- All specimens are documented with the correct patient
- Demonstrates the appropriate skill sets as determined by the
Annual Competency Assessments.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills pertinent to job
- Monitors and complies with Joint Commission/CAP standards and
performs all job functions in accordance with State and Regional
requirements to ensure compliance to these standards.
- Offers suggestions for improvement with departmental
improvements; implements or revises section protocols and/or
department policies and procedures.
- Attends all mandatory meetings/in-services. Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: High schooldiploma or equivalent. Must be
willingand able to work with bio-hazardous/toxic material following
OSHA guidelines. Excellent humanrelations skills.
Excellentorganizational skills. Excellentcommunication skills.
Strong computerskills. Knowledge ofquality assurance and quality
control procedures. Ability toprioritize and organize to maximize
quality, value, service and productivity. Medicalterminology
preferred. Must be able tocover alternative shifts when requested
by Manager. Associated topics: drug development, health, histology,
immunoassay, kinesiology, nutritionist, patient, pharmacology,
Keywords: Health First, Melbourne , Histo/Cysto Support Tech - Melbourne, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!