Senior Software Engineer
Company: DRS Technologies Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2019
Leonardo DRS Technologies, Inc. Leonardo DRS Technologies is a
leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to
military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors
worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture
and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and
military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A., which employs more than 47,000
people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a
business culture, which rewards performance. DRS is committed to
being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse,
effective, and productive workforce.? For additional information on
DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com. ? Leonardo
DRS Electro-Optical and?Infrared Systems is seeking a talented
Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our growing team: Job
Location Melbourne, FL Requirements and Responsibilities:? ?
- You will be working on control and communications systems for
state-of-the-art Infrared based vision products that are critical
components for various existing surveillance and targeting
- Our products are designed, developed, and manufactured right
here in Melbourne.
- The software runs on higher-end embedded processors, or
integrated processor/FPGA devices residing on complex circuit cards
designed by in-house electrical engineering teams.
- The software is generally ?C? code running either bare-metal or
within an RTOS, and includes boot-up, BIT, control code, peripheral
drivers, and communications, including 1553, Ethernet, and
- You will participate in the full lifecycle of product
development including requirements gathering; project estimating,
architecture, design, coding, release, testing, manufacturing and
- You will be a team member, joining a growing high-end group of
developers dedicated to achieving product excellence.
- You will be participating in peer reviews, design discussions,
and looked upon to recommend solutions, achieve engineering buy-in
and follow up by executing and integrating your design on
- You will document your designs as specified by DRS and program
requirements. You will follow DRS development processes.
- We expect you to be able to communicate clearly (written and
oral) with program management and the customer.
- In addition, you may be called upon to participate in the
preparation of complex and significant proposals.
- You will provide technical expertise and assistance to other
engineers and support personnel.
- You will interact with technical management, other
professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate,
recommend and confer regarding technical activities and
- You will likely mentor and coach the work of others as
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or
- 6+ years of embedded software development with a strong acumen
for working at the processor and hardware level. Ability to read
schematics and to influence and debug HW designs during the
hardware and software development process.
- Significant experience in ?C? or ?C++? and Real Time OS is
required. C++, ADA, Web, Prototyping, Validation, and Scripting
languages are nice to have. ?
- Previous experience with some of the following: Xilinx Zynq,
ARM Cortex, Smart Fusion, SOCs such as MSP430s, PICs, Power PC, or
even Intel Architecture.
- Knowledge of FPGA development and developing SW that works in
conjunction with FPGA designs is a plus.
- Strong debugging skills resulting from your mastery of both the
HW, FW, and SW running on the system, and understanding how they
interact with each other.
- Experience working with embedded development kits BSPs, and
- Experience helping with board bring-up, and using your code and
the usual lab tools to assist with solving HW problems.?
- Device Driver Development. Knowledge of communicating with and
operating UART, SPI, & I2C devices is required.
- Knowledge of Software Security Hardening, Trusted Computing /
TPM, Digital signing of releases, secure booting, and STIG analysis
is a big plus.
- Familiarity with GIT, JIRA, Subversion (or some other similar
- Experience with PC systems and using them with the Microsoft
Office suite for daily activities.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with the ability to either
work on your own, or work well in a team environment.
- USA Citizen with an Active SECRET clearance or the ability to
obtain one. Leonardo DRS Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries
and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. #EOIS?
Keywords: DRS Technologies Inc, Melbourne , Senior Software Engineer, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!