Specialist, Scheduling - Master Scheduler
Company: Rockwell Collins
Posted on: March 17, 2019
At Collins Aerospace, were dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems were driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our team is looking for a self-motivated leader, someone who loves a challenge, can adapt to an ever-changing working environment & business market and is always looking for ways to improve how we do our work. As a master scheduler in the Sales and Inventory Operations team, you have the very unique opportunity to help shape the business, as your work will directly impact sales, cash flow, and cost. You will get to work with all facets of the Enterprise....manufacturing, quality, sales, program management, material & supply. This is a great opportunity to not only sharpen your skill sets around product knowledge & planning, but also to build strong networks across the Enterprise!
- Plans, schedules, coordinates, and monitors top level products through the complete production cycle. Management of end item master production schedules; plans for and owns integrated inventory picture - including sub-assembly and end-item WIP, finished goods inventory, and PStock driven by demand changes. Provides mentoring and coaching to less experienced Schedulers. Assignments are moderately complex and involve resourceful problem solving skills
- Exercises sound judgments on inventory decisions; erroneous actions could result in excess inventory affecting total company profit
- Coordinates and leads the new products transition process and TL material planning. Ensures that all material and planning parameters accurately reflect Manufacturing capability to meet demand.
- Interface with Order Administration and Sales Planning Analysts to resolve customer sales order exceptions. Processes short lead-time requests from a variety of customers. Analyzes business processes and brings forth ideas with implementation plans.
- Leads projects and lean events to improve internal business processes.
- Key influencer in on-time delivery to the customer and enterprise inventory goals. Responsible for maintaining ongoing relationships with key customers that allow give and take on commitments, and enable monitoring of the accuracy of customer on-time delivery reporting. Works hard to support customers on drop-in requirements more common to the 'optional' business model, while protecting the business from failures caused by over-commitments. Ensures that MPS commitments are adjusted for known statistical risk.
- High degree of engagement and involvement through the entire Sales and Operations planning process. Interface with Manufacturing, Marketing, and Prog Mgmt through the Sales Forecast process and facilitation of the Demand, Planning and Execution process--Organizes and leads the process meetings. Acts with little to no day-to-day direction.
- Ability to communicate with and hold ground with management and personnel from across the enterprise. Serves as an "expert on call" and prime contact to management on matters relating to the scheduling discipline.
- Managing and forecasting output risk to customers and revenue weekly/monthly basis
- Conducts training sessions with ERP users geared at expanding material requirements planning (MRP) knowledge across Operations. Recognizes business process issues and implements solutions.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- SAP Experience
- Master Scheduling (Production Planning) experience
- Manufacturing experience
- LEAN Experience
- Experience with data analysis
- High level understanding of customers and markets (particularly Business and Regional Systems)
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
---Medical, dental, and vision insurance
---Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
---Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
---Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Rockwell Collins, Melbourne , Specialist, Scheduling - Master Scheduler, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!