System Safety Engineer 4
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: November 9, 2018
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Safety Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will develop and implement software integration plans in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
- Prepare system safety program plans, conduct SS assessments in support of design organizations, provide safety surveillance for Production and Flight Test Operations
- Performance of Hazard Analyses, Fault Tree Analyses, and review of safety assessments and engineering designs for compliance with established safety criteria.
- Perform Software Hazard Analysis, including review of software requirements specifications, safety-critical software systems, change requests, and peer reviews.
- Perform mishap Investigation and identify cause and recommend/initiate corrective actions.
- Maintain and execute the program systems / software safety and essential function plans.
- Familiarity with electronic systems and circuits and/or mechanical systems is required.
- The ideal candidate would possess a thorough knowledge of aircraft concepts and operations and have experience in the design and development of military aircraft systems, including avionics. Position also requires ability, knowledge and skills in software concept,architecture, requirements, design, code, and test analyses techniques necessary to support safety critical systems/subsystems.
MELENG Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 9+ years ofsystem safetyengineering experience OR Master's Degree in (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and 7+ years ofsystem safetyengineering experience OR a PhD and 4+ years ofsystem safetyengineering experience
- 9+ Years of experience with defect analysis & troubleshooting of aircraft systems
- 9+ years of service engineering experience in aircraft systems in Airline, aircraft OEM, or component OEM
- 9+ years of experience using technical knowledge databases to include DOORS
- 9+ years of experiencewith the following: Mil-Std 882 System Safety, Mil-Std 1472 Human Factors, Mil Hdbk 516 Airworthiness Certification Criteria (Section 14), Mil Hdbk 454 General Guideline for Electronic Equipment, AS 50881 Wiring Aerospace Vehicles, Technical Standard Orders, FAA Service Bulletins, FAA Advisory Circulars such as AC 23-1309; SAE ARP 4761 Guidelines for Conducting Safety Assessment on Civil Airborne Systems; SAE ARP 4754 Guideline for Development of Civil Aircraft Systems; CFR 1910 OSHA Health Standard; RTCA DO-178; S1000D
- 9+years' experience with root cause analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FEMA) methods, FMECA practices, and corrective action development
- Active DoD Secret clearance or higher and ability to obtain and maintainprogram access and DoD Secret or higher level clearance
- Experience in functions such as repairing and maintaining aircraft and aircraft related equipment/systems during chemical/conventional wartime activities.
- Experience performing functions such as installing, repairing, inspecting, overhauling, adjusting, aligning, rigging, and calibrating aircraft structures, systems, and components preferred.
- Experience operating aircraft and aircraft systems as a pilot/crew member; performing engine run-ups/aircraft taxi; accomplishing weight and balance functions; jacking, towing, and the general servicing of aircraft preferred. FAA Airframe and Power plant license a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Melbourne , System Safety Engineer 4, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!