UX Designer Lead
Company: Christian Care Ministry
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Date published: 08/08/2018
Christian Care Ministry (CCM) is looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer to envision, explore, and arrange delightful mobile and web experiences for members/users. The primary focus will be the design and overall functionality of existing products (Medi-Share, Manna, Senior Assist). Ideal candidates should be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, personal interviews with users and stakeholders, competitive analysis, surveys, focus groups, and usability testing. The UX Designer will collect insights and define information architecture through skillfully translated personas, sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. Documented design elements should then be collaborated within cross-functional product teams to influence useful, usable, and enjoyable software. The role also calls for the development, tracking, and reporting of success metrics and leading continuous product improvements. In the current environment candidates should be able to evaluate and improve upon existing business requirements and any technical limitations so that supporting systems/tools can be acquired as needed.
Christian Care Ministry is a community of Christians that requires its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws applicable to religious employers.
A career with Christian Care Ministry (CCM) is more than just a job, it's a ministry. CCM's mission is to connect and equip Christians to share their lives, faith, talents, and resources with others. The foundation of CCM's mission is Acts 2:42-47.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Confidently translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Deliver design concepts optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Intuitively identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make and influence strategic design and user-experience decisions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Winsomely collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
Systems & Tools
Proficiency in systems and tools related to the following categories is preferred:
- Survey Monkey or like survey/screener platforms
- Screen recording/usability study software like UserTesting
- Mobile app research tools
- Research repository
Education and Experience
The following education and experience is preferred. Exceptions in educational background can be made based on equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human-Centered Computing (HCC), Cognitive Psychology, or other relevant programs.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in interaction design for both web and mobile applications. Has experience with both iOS and Android platforms.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles.
- Possess relevant portfolio of work illustrating user-centered design solutions (e.g. personas, wireframes, workflows, mockups, and prototypes).
- Effective communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus.
- Experience working within healthcare or health insurance industries a plus.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and great benefits
- An on-site gym and cafeteria
- CCM values our employees. Each individual is given the opportunity to excel in their strengths, advance their skill set, and have direct input into the decisions that ultimately drive the ministry's success.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Keywords: Christian Care Ministry, Melbourne , UX Designer Lead, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!