Lead Project Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Job Title: Lead Project Engineer
Job ID: CS20220410-91448
Job Location: USA - Melbourne/Palm Bay - FL
L3Harris Corporation is seeking a Lead, Project Engineer (PE)
(Level 5) for the Melbourne/Palm Bay, FL location. This is an
opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and
experience, and contribute to mission critical systems solutions
that help protect the U.S.A. and our allies, both Domestic and
Internationally. You will join a great team of talented
professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working
Responsibilities of the Lead Project Engineer include:
- Serve as one third of the Project Leadership triad with the
Program Manager and Chief Systems Engineer.
- Serve as the techncial lead of the project with cost and
- Develops, presents, and delivers comprehensive presentations to
the project team, upper management, and customer personnel in a
clear and concise manner.
- Successful startup activity, including staffing, robust
mitigation plans and establishment of the technical baseline and
change management process
- Monitors the product/project from initiation through completion
and/or customer acceptance.
- Develops, manages, and maintains all aspects of project-level
risks, including mitigation, costing and planning.
- Planning and management of the products / projects on schedule
and within budget constraints.
- Establishment and execution of detailed integrated master
- Estimate resource and material needs for the
- Develops, monitors, and statuses detailed MS Project
- Uses Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reports to manage
- Review of earned value metrics such as CPI, SPI, TCPI, and ETC
to drive program focus
- Facilitator over design, process, manufacturing, test, and
quality as the project/product(s) move to completion and
- Ensures that products/projects delivered meet customer
requirements and specifications.
- Employee engagement to meet project needs
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement as evidenced by
executed improvement projects
- Maintaining forecasted demand signal on resource needs and
partnering with the EMs, talent acquisition and supply chain on
development of plans for accomplishing the engineering work
- 9+ years of relevant experience with Bachelor's degree in a
STEM Function or 7+ years of relevant experience with a Master's
Degree in a STEM Function. Preferred/Additional Skills:
- Ability to work well with SMEs across multiple engineering
- Engineering experience across multiple multiple technical focus
- Proficient with MS project and other MS Office packages
- Functional management experience or direct involvement in
resource management forecasting and placement a plus
- Experience executing throughout the project lifecycle including
requirements flow down and allocation, design, development, test,
- Excellant verbal and written communication skills in a
technical information environment
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and prioritize
- Demonstrated methodical approach to their work.
- Demonstrated earned value / cost account management
- Demonstrated schedule responsibility experience Job Profile
Expertise Engineering Location USA - FL - Melbourne
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Melbourne , Lead Project Engineer, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!