Part Time/Shift Work Support Specialist I - Guard I
Location: Merritt Island
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.We're invested in you
and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project.
It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a
thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our
partnerships.At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine
how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big
ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable
world.Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers
you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed
today and into tomorrowYour Impact:Jacobs Technology provides
overall management and implementation of ground systems
capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at
NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support
the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and
Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew
Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
- Duties involve serving at a fixed access control point and/or
making rounds on foot or by motor vehicle.
- Perform access control to critical facilities or processing
areas by positive identification of personnel and confirmation of
their possession of required credentials.
- Control access to hazardous operations through badge exchange
to assure maximum personnel participation and emergency
- Communicates emergency situations to First Responders and
- Observe and report violations of laws, regulations, policies,
- Maintains comprehensive daily security logs.
- Completes detailed Security Incident Reports.
- Assists visitors and customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Heres What Youll
Need:Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office products, Internet
browsers, and outlook.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security
clearance, if necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work schedule can vary. Requires ability to work 2 nd shift, 3
rd shift and weekends.Essential FunctionsPhysical Requirements
- Will be required to climb stairs.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and
other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing,
extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be
able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different
areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks,
and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with
NASA and Company safety standards.Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work
depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This
may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve
airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV,
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and
must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or
- Must comply with all drug free workplace requirements as
mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal
contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing
for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and
communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with
customers, clients, co-workers, and management.Jacobs is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical
condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status,
mental disability or physical disability, genetic information,
military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any
other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn
more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and supplemental language
Keywords: Jacobs, Melbourne , Part Time/Shift Work Support Specialist I - Guard I, Other , Merritt Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!