Senior Subcontracts Administrator
Company: IAP Worldwide Services
Location: Cape Canaveral
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Senior Subcontracts Administrator
Performs accurate and timely administration of complex subcontract
awards for materials and services acquired by the company to
successfully perform local, state, and federal government projects
(primarily OCONUS) and corporate projects. Responsible for
cradle-to-grave administrative for all subcontract lifecycle
Procures standard and non-standard goods, services, and materials
of high dollar value and moderate risk in accordance with corporate
policies and procedures and within government laws and regulations.
Handles moderate to complex purchase orders, subcontract
agreements, and related documentation in accordance with
established policies and procedures. Required to develop
independent business solutions and work closely with senior
procurement and contracting staff.
Essential Job Functions: (not limited to duties as described -
performs related duties as requested)
- Participates in pre-procurement planning with internal clients
and reviews technical specifications and statements of work to
ensure accuracy, compatibility, and consistency with procurement
policies, practices, and subcontracting risk mitigation
- Identifies, recruits, and pre-qualifies diverse and non-diverse
suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepares solicitation documents (RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs) for
issuance to prospective bidders and offers.
- Coordinates responses to requests for
clarification/information, chairs pre-bid/proposal meetings, and
participates in pre-bid/proposal site visits.
- Receives bids/proposals, conducts bid/proposal openings, and
coordinates appropriate distribution to technical evaluators.
- Coordinates technical reviews/evaluations of bids/proposals,
conducts commercial evaluation and tabulation of bids/proposals,
leads price negotiations, and prepares recommendations for
- Prepares and coordinates bilateral execution of subcontracts
and modifications by the contracting parties.
- Monitors subcontractor status and performance directly and
through communication with project management and operations
counterparts; coordinates and agreement on subcontract
modifications; and facilitates appropriate resolution of
subcontract disputes and subcontractor performance problems.
- Develops and maintains subcontract files in accordance with
applicable governmental regulations and corporate procurement
policies and practices.
- Supports business development initiatives and proposal
preparation activities including, but not necessarily limited to,
assisting in pricing determinations and providing recommendations
for utilization of suitable suppliers and subcontractors.
- Develops and distributes internal procurement status reports
and conducts presentations to management on subcontracting
- Participates in diversity business outreach and recruitment
functions as requested.
- Supports preparation and execution of Non-Disclosure Agreements
and Teaming Agreements.
- Promotes adherence to corporate procurement policies and
practices by participating in internal training conducted for
employees and responding to inquiries from project management and
- Provides contractual interpretations regarding subcontract
language and commercial requirements.
- Works with Project Controls and Finance to ensure
subcontractors are paid in accordance with executed agreements and
works to resolve payment issues.
- Reviews procurement files for compliance and assists buyers and
junior SCAs in file remediation as required.
- Answers Internal and External Data Calls from Government
Compliance, DCAA, and DCMA queries.
Level of Supervision: Independent Contributor
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 5+ years of Procurement and Subcontracts in the
Federal contracting environment.
- Demonstrated government, military, CAS/FAR procurement related
- Experience in DCMA CPSR Government approved system
- International procurement support including vendor sourcing and
contingency procurement experience preferred.
License & Certifications: CFCM, CPCM (NCMA), C.P.M or CPSM (ISM)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work across multiple sites and locations
- Adept at understanding and supporting quick turn, hazardous
environment procurement activities
- Skilled at finding and developing team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional and proven ability to lead, influence and motivate
- Demonstrated collaborative approach with cross functional and
- Ability to navigate complex subcontracts and
- Strong negotiator
- Clear understanding of contingency operations.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts,
practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
Physical Demands/Working Environment: See Workfit or Physical
Demands Job Analysis
Travel: 15% to 20%
Security Clearance: Possession of an existing Secret/Top Secret DoD
or the ability to obtain such clearance within one year
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years,
IAP Worldwide Services, Inc. (IAP) provides a broad spectrum of
services and solutions to U.S. and international government
agencies, and organizations. IAP is a world-class leader in
providing Program Management, IT & Communications, Aviation &
Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, and Infrastructure &
Logistics to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to
meet customers' diverse and complex challenges.
IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: IAP Worldwide Services, Melbourne , Senior Subcontracts Administrator, Other , Cape Canaveral, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!