Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Modeling & Simulation)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Requisition ID: R10033332
Melbourne, Florida, United States of AmericaCitizenship Required:
United States CitizenshipClearance Type: SecretTelecommute: No-
Teleworking not available for this positionShift: 1st Shift (United
States of America)Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the TimePositions
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Sr. Principal Systems
Engineer (Modeling & Simulation) to join our team of qualified,
diverse engineers on the E-2 Advanced Hawkeye Mission Engineering
team. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.Essential
- Key aspects include organization and self-drive to gather
required information, work with stakeholders, and provide analyses
- Performs mission engineering activities to ensure continuity
between desired operational capabilities and delivered system
performance, through the Systems Engineering "V".
- Ensures performance capabilities of new systems and
architectures are traded against cost and mission requirements;
develops mission relevant scenarios; assesses operational
effectiveness of existing and emerging systems and capabilities in
representative operational environments.
- Develops new and/or integrates existing system simulation
frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models, and
command and control models.
- Simulates real-time operations and develops software that
represent projected behavior of systems.
- Develops, integrates, and uses advanced graphical user
interfaces and visualization tools.
- Models operational environments, performs trade studies via
computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
- Performs operational analysis and mission effectiveness
- Develops and adapts existing models, methods, and simulations
to support the design, development, and sustainment of system
design concepts and technologies.
- Performs trade studies and simulation analyses with the
objective of enhancing and optimizing system performance
- Incorporates AI/ML techniques in Modeling and Simulation
- This position requires practical experience and interpretation
of modeling and simulation results, algorithms, and formulas and
must be able to communicate their significance and relevancy in a
clear, detailed manner.
- Communicates findings and recommendations clearly to both
technical and non-technical audiencesBasic Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree and 9 years of professional/military
experience with a background in at least one programming language
OR Master's Degree and 7 years of professional/military experience
with a background in at least one programming language OR Ph.D and
4 years of professional/military experience with a background in at
least one programming language
- Active DoD Secret clearance (with a background investigation
within the past 6 years or enrolled into Continuous
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access
Program (SAP) clearance.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in Python and MATLAB developing tools and
- Previous experience in aviation and defense programs
- Familiarity with Monte Carlo simulations and data mining
- Experience discovering tasks that can be automated for
- Familiarity with AGILE, MBSE, and/or system architecture.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with excellent
- Experience collaborating on projects with multiple teams and
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Top Secret
security clearance with current or previous Special Program Access
Salary Range: $108,600 USD - $163,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world,
we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our
colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we
operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive
Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we
require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully
vaccinated by their start date. Federal guidance allows for
disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the
vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed
and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Melbourne , Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Modeling & Simulation), Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!