TDM Network Control Specialist 5232
Company: Tci Technology Consulting Inc
Posted on: January 12, 2022
TCI has an immediate need for a TDM Network Control Specialist
in Melbourne, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a
long-term contract opportunity with the probability of extension
and possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate
based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive
Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term
THIS POSITION REQUIRES A PUBLIC TRUST SECURITY CLEARANCE PRIOR TO
TCI is offering an excellent Contract opportunity with our
government/FAA sector client. If you enjoy a collaborative and
creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to
join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine
best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to
advance their careers.
- Provide technical support for a large nationwide network which
includes monitoring, analyzing, and troubleshooting network
problems within Network Operations Control Center (NOCC) utilizing
network management and monitoring tools.
- Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively
identify and minimize disruption and impact to the FAA network, and
perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for
restoring customer services.
- Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchanneled T1, T3,
utilizing DACs equipment, Ethernet, IP, Frame Relay, ATM, WAN, LAN,
SONET, and TDM.
- Assist Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), ILECs, and IXCs to
resolve WAN problems, and assist onsite field technicians remotely
to resolve local issues.
- Work in an onsite 24x7 network control environment where shift
and workday flexibility is required.
- Periodically support short-term emergency evacuation to local
or remote backup facilities.
- Bachelors degree in Telecommunications, Engineering,
Networking, Information Technology or related field with 4 years of
prior related experience OR an Associates Degree with a minimum of
8 years of prior related experience. Will consider prior work
experience in place of degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of layer 1 troubleshooting experience.
- 4+ years of Layer 1, 2, and 3. Networking experience.
- Previous experience in telecommunication call centers and
ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical layer and routed technologies experience.
- Minimum of 4 Years networking technologies experience with
SONET and/or Time Division Multiplexing (TDM).
- Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
considered:Familiarity working with networking technologies such as
RF, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, ATM, and Frame Relay.
- Experience with Network Management tools such as Cisco Prime
SNMPc, Orion, and Netflow.
- Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions.
- Experience with call center phone systems and working with
geographically dispersed teams.
- Certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate
- by Jobble
Keywords: Tci Technology Consulting Inc, Melbourne , TDM Network Control Specialist 5232, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!