Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Responsible for monitoring material bunker levels and activating
the conveyors and controls to bale sorted recyclable material.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
* Performs daily inspection of equipment.
* Monitors levels of material in bunkers.
* Change baler settings for each commodity to be baled.
* Operate conveyors to bring materials from bunkers to baler.
* If facilities exist, perform QC on material as it is conveyed to
* Places materials in compression chamber of baling machine.
* Activate the controls of baler to compress and wire tie
* Threads tie bands around bale and twists or clamps ends of bands
to tighten bands.
* Opens compression chamber doors and removes bale from
* Trucks bales to storage place, weighs bales, and records
* Lines compression chamber of baling machine with paper, burlap,
or other covering before baling.
* Sews or ties wrapping in place after baling, and stencils
* Keeps accurate production records on bales produced.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: Not Required
* Experience: No prior work experience required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Required to undergo initial training and an annual training
* Required to read and review operators manual prior to operation
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as
keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
__ pounds rarely;
* Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors/MRF
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Melbourne , Baler Operator, Other , Cocoa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!