Company: BioReference Laboratories
Posted on: October 3, 2021
We are looking for a Specimen Handler (40
hours per week) in our Melbourne, FL location.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 10:00pm-6:30am, with rotating
The Specimen Handler receives samples as well as spins and
separates those specimens in preparation for testing. The handler
works in conjunction with laboratory testing personnel to ensure
that all samples are handled in a manner such that a quality result
is achieved at all times.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the
- Specimen Collection-collect specimens from all Processing
stations and deliver to the specimen handling area
- Prepare SST specimens for RSA and/or for manual pour-off
- Place specimens in centrifuge for spinning
- RSA operators will place specimens on RSA for automated
- RSA operators will maintain the system clean by performing all
required maintenance procedures
- RSA operator will document all issues into the log book and
communicate problem to upper management
- Manual pour off operator will process and pour off specimens
- Adheres to Safety and Quality policies and procedures
- Sort processed specimens into racks for delivery into the lab
by pour off groups
- Multi-task between different specimen handling functions
- Understand strict quality regulations and adhere to prescribed
- Maintain composure while working in a high energy level of
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety
- Must be able to work night shift
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: BioReference Laboratories, Melbourne , Specimen Handler, Other , MELBOURNE, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!