Surgical Technologist - HRMC, Operating Room, Full Time *Eligible for Sign-on*
Company: Health First
Posted on: June 12, 2021
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer
Experience, and Stewardship by: performing a variety of technical
activities related to patient care, as well as support activities
in the operating room under the direction of an R.N.
- Perform a variety of duties in an operating room observing
proper techniques to include preparing rooms with appropriate
instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment; open sterile
supplies and arrange sterile setups for operations.
- Creates, maintains, and terminates sterile field for surgical
- Properly handles and cares for all instruments and equipment.
Checks materials and equipment for proper functioning and adequacy;
reports faulty equipment and instruments per policy.
- Assist with precepting new technical personnel. Participates in
recording data on OR records.
- Attends in-services and mandatory meetings.
- Cooperates with the nurse in the individualized plan of care
for each patient.
- Anticipates needs of surgeon and surgical assistants in the
operating room, passing instruments, sutures, sponges, and supplies
needed in an operative procedure.
- Demonstrates an ability to perform all duties required of a
Surgical Technologist in accordance with established procedures and
completion of skills check list.
- Must be a graduate of a program for Surgical Technology
(Military, Community College, or School for Surgical Technology)
OR, nationally certified as a surgical technologist.
- At least one year experience as a Surgical Technologist
- Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card
prior to start date and maintain.
- Exposure to bio hazardous waste, substances, and unknown
- Vision and hearing to normal range.
- Sitting and standing for extensive periods of time.
- Frequent lifting, pulling, reaching, and carrying of light to
heavy patients and/or objects.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted up to 33% of
the assigned shift.
Keywords: Health First, Melbourne , Surgical Technologist - HRMC, Operating Room, Full Time *Eligible for Sign-on*, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!