Registered Nurse (RN) / Licensed Nurse (LPN)
Company: Solaris HealthCare
Location: Merritt Island
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island is A 501(c)(3) Nonprofit.
Solaris offers competitive compensation that includes healthcare,
vision, dental, supplemental benefits and 401K.
Apply TODAY to schedule your personal interview for this
As a Floor Nurse with Solaris, you are considered to be a
Supervisor and need to exercise supervisory authority over all
non-licensed nursing staff. The exercise of supervisory authority
by the Floor Nurse is required even at times that the ADON/UM are
on duty. While the Floor Nurse may seek guidance from the ADON/UM
in a particular situation he/she is expected to independently issue
discipline, evaluate employees and perform other supervisory
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to supervise and instruct others with good
leadership and communication skills.
- Assure that all nursing staff have been assigned duties.
Supervise charting and activities so that patients records are
complete and accurate and policies/procedures are followed.
- Make rounds on each assigned Resident, with specific attention
to high acuity patients. Note any change in condition and intervene
- Monitor your assigned Residents to ensure that appropriate care
(according to established policies and procedures) is being
provided and that doctors and families are being notified of
changes in patients' condition.
- Assume responsibility for safe administration of meds and
treatments as needed (including IV fluids and IV meds). Assist with
admitting patients as required.
- Assists in orientation of new staff.
- Maintain the self-respect, personal dignity and physical safety
of each patient. Assist patients to attain highest level of self
- Make changes in staff schedule as indicated by absence and
illness and contact additional help to obtain their services where
- Carry out personnel disciplinary actions (written, verbal
warnings) promptly and effectively when he/she believes company
policies, rules of conduct, and/or acceptable patient care
practices have not been followed.
- Maintain the security of the premises and direct unauthorized
persons coming on the premises to leave.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Relieve other shifts as needed.
- Attend appropriate Nursing and Administrative meetings as
directed. Complete all assigned In-Services.
Keywords: Solaris HealthCare, Melbourne , Registered Nurse (RN) / Licensed Nurse (LPN), Other , Merritt Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!