TDM Network Operations Specialist (Public Trust) - Melbourne, with Security Clearance
Company: Altimeter Solutions
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Description Job Description: * Provide technical support for a
large nationwide network. Support requires physical layer, data
link, and network layer knowledge.
* Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within
Network Operations Control Center (NOCC), utilizing network
management and monitoring tools.
* Perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for
restoring customer's services.
* Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively
identify and minimize disruption and impact to the FAA network.
* Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchanneled T1, T3,
utilizing DACs equipment.
* Utilize test methods to analyze/troubleshoot Ethernet, IP, Frame
Relay, ATM, WAN, LAN, SONET, and TDM.
* Work with Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), ILECs, and IXCs to
resolve WAN problems.
* Work with onsite field technicians remotely to resolve local
* Expertise in remote maintenance and repair of the following
network equipment is preferred: Cisco, Sycamore, and APC.
* Resolve problems using internal and external groups, as needed,
to correct trouble on the FTI network and interact with the
* This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment.
Shift and workday flexibility is required.
Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications,
Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related
fieldwith (2 to 4) years of prior related experience or 2 years
post-Secondary/ Associate's Degree with a minimum of (6) years of
prior related experience. Will consider prior work experience in
place of degree.
* (2) Years layer 1 Troubleshooting experience.
* (2) Years networking technologies experience with SONET and/or
Time Division Multiplexing (TDM).
* Must be able to obtain Public Trust
Preferred Additional Skills: * Networking technologies experience
* Experience with call center phone systems and ability to work in
a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to support short-term emergency evacuation to local or
remote backup facilities.
* Networking technologies experience such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HSRP,
ATM, and Frame Relay.
* Experience with Network Management tools such as Cisco Prime
SNMPc, Orion, and Netflow is a plus.
* Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions is a plus.
* CCNA Certification - Highly Preferred.
Keywords: Altimeter Solutions, Melbourne , TDM Network Operations Specialist (Public Trust) - Melbourne, with Security Clearance, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!