Senior Engineer, Contamination Analysis NASA
Company: Mei Inc
Location: Merritt Island
Posted on: May 3, 2021
MEI Technologies is growing! MEIT since 1992 is a nationwide
technology company that has implemented process-oriented management
and has redefined itself into the family-owned organization that
offers innovative, best-value services and solutions within four
focused capabilities: Engineering Services & Solutions, Modeling
and Simulation, Space Systems, Design & Integration; and IT/Cyber
Services & Solutions.
Why Choose MEIT??
- At MEIT YOU WILL have the opportunity to collaborate with some
of the brightest, most experienced engineering and technology
experts in the U.S.!!
- MEIT has established proven, quality work methods, including
ISO, CMMI and AS9100 certifications.
- MEIT stands by delivering what we promise with flexibility,
quality and integrity to our employees and our customers.
- MEIT has a reputation for entering a new market, getting to
work and generating immediate and impactful results.
With an abundance of collaborative individuals MEIT is an
organization that provides the opportunity to truly reach your
potential as a professional.
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Contamination Analysis
Contact: Kristen Gaustad, Senior Technical Recruiter
MEIT has been selected by NASA to provide insight, surveillance,
systems engineering, analysis, and mission operations support
services to the Deep Space Logistics (DSL) Project at the agency's
Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
Under the Deep Space Logistics Engineering Support (LENS)
contract, our employees will provide engineering support to NASA to
review and assess activities of the Gateway Logistics Services
(GLS) IDIQ Contract Commercial Service Provider. This effort may
include the review and assessment of the requirements, design,
analysis, testing, manufacturing, verification, validation,
assembly, integration, checkout, mission preparations and
operations required to deliver cargo and payloads to the lunar
Gateway, or for other DSL mission projects and interests.
The Senior Engineer, Contamination Analysis provides support on
behalf of our customers to determine, negotiate and implement
mission-enabling contamination requirements and controls for the
GLS systems and associated hardware.
- Support the derivation/development, documentation, and
implementation of contamination controls for one of several
spacecraft programs at the conceptual, design, and/or manufacturing
- Provide general insight (monitor and evaluate contractor
design) at technical meetings with contractor/subcontractors.
- Formulate contamination budgets and mitigation strategies that
may include contamination modeling.
- Monitor, review, facilitate and evaluate overall contamination
control planning, implementation, and verification.
- Work with other engineering disciplines to identify
contamination sensitivities, develop appropriate risk-based
contamination requirements, negotiate acceptance of requirements,
and manage/facilitate implementation of the contamination control
- Solve contamination problems encountered during fabrication,
assembly, test, and transportation of space hardware.
- Create, review, and implement contamination control
documentation supporting the design, fabrication, assembly, test,
and transportation of one-of-a-kind, highly specialized space
- Directly interact with the NASA customer along with various
NASA support contractors.
- Participate in system failure and anomaly investigations, and
conduct root-cause analysis
- Based on analysis and observation, provide recommendations for
concurrence or nonconcurrence with the Gateway Logistics Services
- B.S. degree in engineering or related discipline from an
accredited engineering school and fourteen (14) years of related
engineering experience or an M.S. degree in engineering or a
related discipline from an accredited engineering school and ten
(10) years of related engineering experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S.
government background investigation.
- Ability to work in a team environment consisting of NASA civil
servants and various contractor employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with NASA commercial launch services vehicles and
providers is highly desired.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Contamination Engineering or a
related field, preferably with spacecraft hardware desired.
- Ability and experience determining contamination sensitivities
and deriving/negotiating contamination requirements based on
instrument/system performance characteristics
- Experience implementing contamination controls in collaboration
with the design, hardware production, test and inspection
- Experience with clean room operations and monitoring,
materials, vacuum systems, hardware cleaning and inspection methods
and knowledge of the space environment (vacuum, particulate and
electromagnetic radiation, thermal, atomic oxygen).
- Proficiency highly desired with contamination analysis
Join our team TODAY!
Keywords: Mei Inc, Melbourne , Senior Engineer, Contamination Analysis NASA, Other , Merritt Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!