Mechanical Engineer II
Company: Judge Group, Inc.
Location: Merritt Island
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Mechanical
Engineer II for a 6+ month contract position in
Merritt Island, FL.
- Design and modify launch pad piping systems supporting
rocket propellants and pneumatics
- Perform fluid and structural analysis of new or modified
- Select components and collaborate on system safety and process
- Guide creation of models and drawings of designs
- Perform system and component level analyses (structural,
fluid flow, hazards, etc.) and document results
- Draft and review specifications and statements of work for both
internal and supplier guidance.
- Coordinate with suppliers on cost, schedule, and technical
- Oversee fabrication, installation, and commissioning of new or
modified piping/pressure systems
- Perform hazards analysis and guide work using hierarchy
of controls for safety
- Author and run commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting and
- Collaborate with teams of diverse skill sets to build, operate
and maintain a world class launch site.
- Provide input on cost, schedule and technical requirements to
- Occasional travel may be necessary
- Four year aerospace or mechanical engineering degree (or
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in design and analysis of piping/tubing
systems, experience using analysis tools specific to piping
(such as: CAEPipe, Bentley AutoPipe, CEASAR, AFT Fathom/Arrow,
Sinda Fluint, Simulink, etc.)
- Experience with structural hand calculations and structural
analysis software tools (ANSYS, NASTRAN, etc.)
- Experience with Solid modelling or plant modelling, piping and
instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), and configuration control of
engineering and documentation.
- Experience creating fabrication and installation drawings
- Knowledge of standard components, installation and
fabrication methods of piping systems (pipe stock, fittings,
connections, valves, fasteners, structural members, fitting,
- Knowledge of typical use, constraints, and specification of
fluid components typical in tubing and piping systems (valves,
regulators, pumps, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with teams composed of
multiple roles and disciplines to achieve a common goal.
- or national, U.S. permanent resident (current ), or lawfully
admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Hands-on experience operating and troubleshooting mechanical
and/or piping systems
- Experience with creating process hazards analyses, job hazards
analysis and formal risk evaluation.
- Experience writing and executing test plans and procedures for
qualification, acceptance, and operations of hazardous and/or
safety critical components and systems.
- Knowledge of ASME B31.3 and in-field oversight of construction,
testing and/or operations of piping systems.
- Experience with design and operation of typical aerospace fuel,
oxidizer and high pressure pneumatic systems.
- Experience with steady-state and transient fluid flow
- Knowledge of precision cleaning processes / levels and
passivation of stainless steel Knowledge of marine environment
corrosion mitigation (material and coatings selection)
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find
us on the web at - provided by Dice
Keywords: Judge Group, Inc., Melbourne , Mechanical Engineer II, Other , Merritt Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!