IT Systems Administrator
Company: Space Exploration Technologies
Location: Cape Canaveral
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
SpaceX is looking for a Systems Administrator with deep
knowledge and broad experience across Microsoft-based technologies,
in addition to broader experience and capability with networking
and Linux technologies. This employee will be a member of the
Information Technology team and will support SpaceX personnel and
systems. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a
fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a
self-starter, self-motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this
- Work closely with other SpaceX IT administrators and engineers
to gather requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy,
and support enterprise software platforms and related technologies
in a world-class environment that meets the needs of the demanding
SpaceX engineering teams. Build highly-resilient, high-performance,
scalable, and flexible systems.
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes,
systems, and tools you create and manage; all supporting the goal
of making humanity an interplanetary species.
- Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using
an accepted change control methodology.
- Work within a diverse group to design and deliver creative
solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner by
interacting with internal business units.
- Define, document and follow standards and best practices for
systems design, testing, and implementation.
- Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common
- 4+ years of experience in IT systems administration
- Experience with Windows servers in physical and virtualized
enterprise level environments
- Experience with Active Directory, Kerberos, and multi-platform
- Experience with networking technologies and the Linux operating
- PowerShell (or similar) scripting experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems
architectures, with high availability, fault tolerance, performance
tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection.
- Expert working knowledge (including the ability to setup,
configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Windows-based systems
and services such as DHCP, DNS, IIS, MS-SQL, NPS, etc.
- Experience with Enterprise Microsoft Exchange deployments
- Expertise in source code and version control tools
- Experience with configuration management, provisioning,
infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools
- Understanding of developing web and C#/.Net applications and
- Expert level familiarity with Windows Server 2012/2016 (AD,
DNS, DHCP, etc)
- Networking experience in IPv4, switching, routing, firewalls
and HA architecture
- Must be comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive
systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate
with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both
formal and informal situations.
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape
- Willing to work extended hours or weekends as necessary
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX
is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: Space Exploration Technologies, Melbourne , IT Systems Administrator, Other , Cape Canaveral, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!