The Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE)//Tool Room
Manager is responsible to provide program level leadership,
management and oversight of the TMDE program and Tool Room
administration. The manager is responsible for the development of
efficient policies and procedures that will ensure effective,
compliant and consistent functional results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide program level oversight of the TMDE calibration program
and the Tool Control program.
- Development of effective Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS)
that depict processes to be followed
- Ensure a verifiable and effective process is in place and
adhered to that results in all tools, tool kits and test equipment
are complete and in serviceable condition prior to being issued out
or returned to their assigned location
- Develop and administer effective training to TMDE and Tool
- Assume a leadership role in the selection and hiring of
qualified personnel - Implement process to ensure calibration and
serviceability of tools prior to issuing out
- Ensure procedures are in place to maintain tools and materials
in designated location for ease of access -Administer the tool
calibration process in order to ensure proper rotation
- Provide justification for new tool or equipment purchases
- Oversee and assist with the coordination of the shipping and
replacement of out of calibration equipment at various sites
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree or 2 year technical degree or related
experience/training or combination of education/training
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
-Eight years working in a TMDE or tool management program
-Prior management leadership experience
-Program level leadership experience
-Demonstrated experience creating process documents/SOPs
-Prior experience managing TMDE and T&P room
-10 years technical experience
-Knowledge of heavy maintenance tooling and familiarity with
aircraft tooling and parts required
-Knowledge of calibration and tool room management processes
-Ability to obtain and maintain an MRPT security clearance
-Previous experience working in an aviation or military
-Prior Military TMDE experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve
goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is
accountable for own actions.
2. Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written
communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal &
written information that is audience appropriate; listens
attentively to others and retains/processes information.
3. Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration
with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully
with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic
short- & long-term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing
urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals &
deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally &
encourage team to do the same; stays up to date on technology &
approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced
6. Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships
with internal & external customers; ability to work independently
and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a
7. Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies
and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate,
thorough & efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational
processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes
successes & failures to learn and improve.
9. Training & Development - Completes required & suggested
training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to
coaching & feedback.
10. Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently
promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest,
socially responsible, and where differences are respected and