Principal Engineer (Network Services) - Health First Inc., Full Time
Company: Health First
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Principal Engineer serves as the expert level technical
member of an engineering team and works across multiple disciplines
to deliver customer centric IT solutions. The Principal Engineer is
self-directed and pairs with the manager to provide leadership to
the engineering team. The Principal Engineer is seen as a thought
leader and expert in their field with proficiency across multiple
domains. This role works closely with internal and external
customers to develop forward leaning solutions.
The Principal Engineer leads in the development of technical
strategies, creates technical standards, pilots new capabilities,
builds and designs automated workflows, and is continually
evaluating emerging technologies. As a thought leader for the team
the Principal Engineer will work with peers to ensure technology
systems and services standards are adopted, implemented, and kept
current. This will require the principal engineer to be a subject
matter expert in the design and implementation in at least one of
the following domains: infrastructure, cloud, database engineering,
software development, or cybersecurity. The position will require
experience with Agile and/or Lean methodologies to lead and deliver
IT solutions in an efficient and repeatable manner.
The Principal Engineer works with customers, stakeholders,
analysts, architects, and other engineers to troubleshoot and find
root cause of technology and security defects. They need to be
excellent team players and have demonstrated experience across
multiple systems, knowledge of numerous scripting languages, and
the ability to rapidly automate solutions.
- Develops domain roadmaps and technology strategies in alignment
with organizational strategy.
- Researches, defines, and introduces new technology and
standards for the organization.
- Develops and ensures adherence to technical standards for their
- Manages/Leads complex technical initiatives across
- Leads the evaluation and selection of new technologies and
platforms that are cross domain.
- Prepares technical proposals, estimates and work plans
including cost benefit, feasibility, and risk analyses.
- Analyzes and develops technical/business/clinical
- Provides mentorship, training, and coaching to technical team
- Leads problem resolution for complex technical issues and is
able to bring together vendors, analysts and engineers to develop
corrective actions preventing future system failures.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Licensure: None Required
- Certification: Expert level technical certification required
within one year of employment.
- Work Experience: Eight years experience delivering IT solutions
to include server, storage, network, telecom, client systems
engineering, software engineering and/or security engineering
- Work Experience in lieu of Education:
- Associates degree plus ten years of applicable technical
experience in areas as noted above.
Or, in lieu of no degree, twelve years of applicable technical
experience in areas as noted above.
- Expert level understanding of current development and trends in
Information Technology; understanding of healthcare systems to
include expert level experience in one or more of the following
- Infrastructure engineering: network, server, storage, and/or
- Cybersecurity Engineering
- Software engineering
- Database engineering
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Windows and Linux
Public cloud environments (AWS/Azure)
- Strong soft skills: ability to influence and build coalitions
through verbal and written communications, including the ability to
turn complex technical topics into understandable terminology is a
- Experience working directly with customers designing solutions
to complex problems.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Licensure: None
- Certification: Current expert level technical
Work Experience: 8 years of experience in delivery of IT
solutions to include server, storage, network, telecom, client
systems engineering, software and/or security engineering
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Proven experience in Lean and or
- Majority of time involves sitting or standing; occasional
walking, bending, stooping
- Long periods of computer time or at workstation
- Light work that may include lifting or moving objects up to 20
pounds with or without assistance.
- May be exposed to inside environments with varied temperatures,
air quality, lighting and/or low to moderate noise
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to perform tasks
- Workspace may vary from open to confined; on site or
- May require travel to various facilities within and beyond
county perimeter; may require use of personal vehicle
Keywords: Health First, Melbourne , Principal Engineer (Network Services) - Health First Inc., Full Time, Other , Rockledge, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!