Registered Nurse - NHC HomeCare Merritt Island
Company: National Healthcare Corporation
Location: Merritt Island
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Registered Nurse for NHC HomeCare Merritt Island
The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process in
accordance with physician's orders to provide patient/family care
and support/advocacy in the home setting.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state where HomeCare agency is
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a RN/professional
- Experience in home care is desirable.
- Ability to read, write, learn, absorb, and apply professional
training; follow physician's orders and keep records in prescribed
- Ability to be reaching, bending, squatting and twisting
numerous times daily.
- Ability to lift 70-80 pounds on occasional basis.
- Ability to see and hear adequately in order to respond to
auditory and visual requests from patients.
- Ability to speak in clear, concise voice in order to
- Ability to carry out fine motor skills with manual
- Mental acuity high enough to adequately perform job
- Must have reliable personal transportation and be able to drive
in inclement weather and variable road conditions.
- Utilizes the nursing process to identify and achieve patient
goals: assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Assesses the physical, psychosocial, and environmental factors
that affect a patient's health to develop a comprehensive nursing
care plan which will attain the patients desired health outcomes in
a culturally comfortable way.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to assure personal
care, medical care and rehabilitation provide for optimal patient
health and well-being.
- Teaches patient/caregiver in various aspects of health care and
disease management appropriate to needs/level of education and
understanding and documents continuing needs and levels of
- Provides and documents skilled nursing care according to the
plan of care/physicians orders, policies/procedures and standards
- Provides nursing services within the scope of practice
authorized by the license issued by the state for a registered
- Employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment,
including implementation of infection control and safety
- Evaluates progress toward the attainment of outcomes/goals and
modification of plan as needed.
- Participates in on-going care coordination and maintains
positive relationships with referral sources, physicians/other
clinicians, patients/families, and other partners.
- Participates with other nurses in taking weekend, night and
holiday calls on a rotating basis.
- Continually strives to improve nursing care through
participation in inservice activities, staff development activities
and continuing learning.
- Teaches, supports, and supervises Licensed Practical Nurses and
Home Health Aides.
- Serves on committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the
DON/Administrator/Director of Services.
National HealthCare Corporation is recognized nationwide as an
innovator in the delivery of quality care. Our goal is to provide a
full range of extended care services, designed to maximize the
well-being and independence of patients of all ages. We are
dedicated to meeting patient needs through an interdisciplinary
approach combining compassionate care with cost-effective health
The NHC environment is one of encouragement and challenge ...
innovation and improvement ... teamwork and collaboration ... and
honesty and integrity. All NHC employees are committed as partners,
not only to the health of our patients, but to the well-being of
the communities we serve.
If you are interested in working for a leader in senior care and
share NHC's values of honesty and integrity, please apply today and
find out more about us at
We look forward to talking with you!!
Keywords: National Healthcare Corporation, Melbourne , Registered Nurse - NHC HomeCare Merritt Island, Other , Merritt Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!