Windows Systems Administrator
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Windows Systems Administrator
Job ID: AS20210504-59166
Job Location: Melbourne, Florida
L3Harris is searching for a senior technical professional to
join the Managed Operational Support Services (OSS) team as a
System Administrator (Sys Admin). Responsibilities for this
position include support to software engineering during the
development of a new OSS system by provisioning and managing the
virtual environments (VM), and installing and configuring the Linux
based Red Hat Operating System. The Sys Admin will also monitor and
maintain the system hardware performance. The position ensures that
system hardware, software, and related procedures adhere to the
system's design and architecture. This individual will manage
system access user accounts and develop the procedures for system
configuration to support production builds. This individual will
also assist program teams with technical analysis, and support the
testing and roll-out of new patches. Participation on programs
focus on smoothing the transition from system development to
operational readiness within the program's life-cycle.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to RedHat and
Windows operating systems and layered software packages and
maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures
and service level agreements.
- Administers assigned Enterprise systems such as enterprise data
storage administration (EMC/NetApp), enterprise server
virtualization (VMWare) to ensure systems are functioning
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, and wide area network related
problems associated with the assigned Enterprise system(s).
- Coordinates with server and operating system vendors to resolve
issues, arrange service, and obtain support.
- Installs and provides support for internal development software
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum level of
performance. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating,
implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of
system backups and database archive operations.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers for
compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and
configuration guidelines. Knowledgeable of networking associated
with a LAN based server and workstations.
- Develops schedules for the installation and monitoring of local
network and stand-alone information resources.
- Manages and directs proactive and reactive systems
administration activities to ensure the availability, integrity,
and reliability of networked and stand-alone systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT
Security or related field, and minimum 6 years related experience;
or a Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT
Security or related field, and minimum 4 years related
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the network systems
administration field performing the specification, selection,
evaluation, testing, deployment and operation of Linux, CentOS and
Windows Operating Systems (OS) and servers.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience configuring and maintaining CentOS-based systems,
including the performance of enterprise level upgrades from version
6 to 7.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Linux operating
- Experience configuring, deploying and managing cloud-based
systems and architectures
- Experience performing RPM builds for software packages.
- Experience performing complex infrastructure design, including
planning of interactions of multiple applications (HA, DB, Large
- Experience performing scripting for automation of tools.
- Experience working in a datacenter lab environment managing
power requirements, performing buildouts and system hardening
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with the following applications:
- RHEL - SMB, NFS, SELinux
- VMWare ESXi
- Pacemaker HA Clustering
Keywords: L3Harris, Melbourne , Windows Systems Administrator, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!