Network Controls Specialist
Company: Technology Consulting Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
TCI has an immediate need for a Network Controls Specialist in
Melbourne, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a
long-term contract opportunity with the probability of extension
and possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate
based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive
Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term
Disability benefits.THIS POSITION REQUIRES A PUBLIC TRUST SECURITY
CLEARANCE PRIOR TO START.SUMMARYTCI is offering an excellent
Contract opportunity with our government/FAA sector client. If you
enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a
great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team.
Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment
where individuals are encouraged to advance their
- Provide technical support for all the Federal Aviation
Administration Telecommunication Infrastructure (FTI) network IP
services. Support requires physical layer, data link, and network
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within
Network Operations Control Center (NOCC), utilizing network
management and monitoring tools.
- Perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for
restoring customer's services.
- Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively
identify and minimize disruption and impact to the FAA
- Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchanneled T1, T3,
utilizing DACs equipment.
- Utilize test methods to analyze/troubleshoot Ethernet, IP,
Frame Relay, ATM, WAN, LAN, SONET, and TDM.
- Work with Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), ILECs, and IXCs to
resolve WAN problems.
- Work with onsite field technicians remotely to resolve local
- Expertise in remote maintenance and repair of the following
network equipment is preferred: Cisco, Sycamore, and APC.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups, as needed,
to correct trouble on the FTI network and interact with the
- This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment.
Shift and workday flexibility are required.REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 2 years networking experience with with RF, Sonet and
Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) is a must-have.
- 2 years of Layer 1 trouble shooting experience
- Experience with call center phone systems and ability to work
in a fast-paced environment.PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Engineering,
Networking, Information Technology or related field. Will consider
additional equivalent relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- CCNA Certification - Highly Preferred.
- Networking technologies experience such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS,
HSRP, ATM, and Frame Relay, is preferred.
- Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions is a plus.
- Ability to support short-term emergency evacuation to local or
remote backup facilities. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Technology Consulting Inc., Melbourne , Network Controls Specialist, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!