Posted on: January 14, 2020
ENSCO, Inc., is seeking a Scientist to work closely with a team of
scientists and analysts.-- The work is mission critical, involves
solving real-world problems, and encompasses the following
technical areas.-- Apply digital signal processing techniques in
the frequency and time domains to evaluate recorded signals from a
distributed sensor network.-- Develop algorithms and advanced
analysis techniques (e.g. beamforming, noise rejection, tracking)
to identify signals of interest.-- Apply machine learning
techniques to large data sets.-- The scientist will work in ENSCO's
National Security Solutions (NSS) Division, which provides
innovative customized products and services vital to national
safety and security. A primary focus area is the development of
software systems for multipurpose data collections, processing, and
Qualifications Required (Skills):
- BS in Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Geophysics,
or related field.--
- 3+ years of related work experience.--
- Demonstrated proficiency with scientific analysis software such
- Working knowledge of wave propagation and signal interpretation
in solid/fluid media.
- Demonstrated expertise with digital signal processing
techniques and statistical analysis.
- Ability to work in a team environment and as a
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.--
- Experience preparing technical reports and preparing and
presenting technical briefings.--
- Technical skills to understand and analyze problems, define
potential solutions, and conduct in-depth technical analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in making technical assessments,
performing trade-off studies, and communicating results of
technical studies to non-scientists.
- Ability to assimilate large complex scientific data sets from
disparate sources and analyze results.--
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating
- Demonstrated experience with use of a scripting computer
- MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A TS/SCI SECURITY
CLEARANCE, FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.-- YOU WILL NOT BE
CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
- MS in Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related
- Observational experience processing and interpreting time
series and frequency domain dataset, including ability to
distinguish signals from noise.
- Experience in algorithm development, machine learning
techniques, and basic statistics.
- Working knowledge of a scientific programming language such as
R, Python, C, or FORTRAN.--
- Experience with relational databases.--
Drug Screen Type:
Contract Award Contingency:
Internal Position Title:
General Education/Years of Experience:
BS or equiv; min 3 yrs relevant exp
Background Check Type:
Export Control and Licensing:
The National Security Solutions (NSS) Division provides security
solutions for the United States government. NSS employees offer a
multi-disciplinary approach to solve some of the most challenging
technical problems in complex operational environments. Our areas
of expertise are in sensor development and integration; chemical,
biological and geophysical phenomenology; software applications and
modeling; and operational applications of technology.
Key customers include the Department of Homeland Security, the
Department of Defense, and the Intelligence Community.
Strength in Diversity:
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal
opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in
the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic
under state or local law.
Keywords: ENSCO, Melbourne , Scientist III, Other , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!