Principal Windows Systems Administrator/Analyst
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies... Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Melbourne, Florida area. Roles and responsibilities include:
* Perform as primary Windows System Administrator for a large classified government contract
* Administrate multiple Dell EMC storage platforms/arrays/tools (example: Isilon, Unity, VNX, and Data Domain)
* Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
* Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
* Able to support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
* Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
* Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
* Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
* Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
* Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
* Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
* Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
* Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
* Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
* Maintain security audit, and logging information, on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
* Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
* Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
* Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approaches solve issues
* Master's degree with 3 years of IT experience,OR a Bachelor's degree with 5 years of IT experience, is required
* Must have Virtual Desktop Infrastructure,Windows 2012 Server, or VMware experience
* Candidates must have a current DOD 8570IAT level 2 baseline certification (example: Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
* Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
* Ability to work after hours, and weekends, as needed
* Candidates must have a current DOD Secret level security clearance (or higher) with an original adjudication, or a periodic reinvestigation, completed within the last 6 years in order to be considered
* Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, access to Special Programs as a condition of continued employment
* The ideal candidate will have a Master's degree in Information Systems, a Security+ CE, anMCSE,and 5 years of sever administration work experience in a classified environment
* Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
* Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment
* Server management
* Current CASP, CISSP, or similar certifications
* Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs;
* Cisco experience and/or certifications desirable
* Windows domain architecture experience
* Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems
* Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions
* VMWare experience with current version
* Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk)
* Rudimentary Scripting (PowerShell) would be helpful
* Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment
* Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
* DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
* Current Active Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Melbourne , Principal Windows Systems Administrator/Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!