PC Desktop Support Tech 2 - Strike
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman. At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery...We are seeking a qualified PC Desktop Support Technicianfor a classified program at our Melbourne, FL location.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to.
* Provides technical support for computers and associated networks.
* Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors. Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks.
* Performs basic PC setups.
* Instructs and assists users in the use of personal computers and networks.
* Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases.
* Maintains trouble logs.
* Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements.
* Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software.
* Works with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
* Coordinates with users, service desk, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
* Reviews the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed.
* Works through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated).
* Resolves tickets within established SLAs.
* Raises issues that require management attention or involvement.
* Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
* Works with system administrators and other staff to resolve support issues, escalating where appropriate.
* Participates in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
* Spends significant portions of the day away from the desk supporting users and moving equipment.
* Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
* Bachelor's degree with0 years of IT experience; OR an Associates degreewith1 year of IT experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with3 years of IT experience is required
* Must have experience with thefollowing Microsoft products: Windows 7, Windows 10, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
* Must have a DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (example:Security+ CE);OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
* Must be able to work after hours, or weekends, as necessary.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
* Candidates must have a current DoD Secret level security clearance with an original adjudication, or a period reinvestigation, completed within the last 6 years in order to be considered
* Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, access to Special Program as a condition of continued employment
* The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree, a Security+ CE, and1 year of Desktop Support experience in a classified environment
* Dell, HP, CompTIA A+, or Network+ certifications are a plus
* Proficiency in remote administration, and troubleshooting of desktop PCs,
* PowerShell scripting abilities preferred
* Experience with zero or thin client devices desirable
* Experience in Active Directory, configuring user and computer accounts, nice to have
* Cross-platform operating systems experience (i.e. two or more: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, etc.) preferred
* Experience supporting VMware /VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) a plus
* DoD Top Secret clearance would be nice to have
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Melbourne , PC Desktop Support Tech 2 - Strike, IT / Software / Systems , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!