Software Engineer Full Stack
Company: Harris Corp
Posted on: November 6, 2018
Description: Job Title: Specialist, Software Engineering Job Code: ES20182008-26835 Job Location: Melbourne, FL Job Description: Harris is looking for a full-stack Software Engineer that can lead, develop, integrate, and maintain operational software products and solutions for our FAA customer in support of the SWIM NAS Enterprise Messaging Service (NEMS). Duties will include:
- Develop applications in Java and utilize scripting languages for automation efforts.
- Lead a small group of engineers to maintain the NEMS software infrastructure, including software upgrades and patches.
- Work on automation frameworks for continuous integration and software deployments.
- Support COTS integration, web services, enterprise-wide applications, and software upgrades.
- Troubleshoot system and network connectivity issues across a WAN.
- Use tools for source control and issue tracking.
- Experience with Java application development and scripting languages in Linux systems (e.g. BASH, Shell, Python, Perl.).
- Solid understanding of how Service Oriented-Architecture (SOA) based systems work.
- Understanding of JMS, JNDI, J2EE, SOAP/http, xml/http, RESTful web services.
- Experience managing projects from start to finish, including gathering and interpreting requirements, and breaking down those requirements into actionable tasks.
- Must be able to review code, locate problems, provide and receive feedback on code.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills required without much guidance, sometimes in customer-facing situations.
- Flexible schedule to work on maintenance windows during off-hours. Qualifications:
- Bachelor---s degree in Software Engineering, Computer--Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 4 years of related--experience.
- 4+ years--- experience with--Services Oriented--Architectures, Java Messaging Service (JMS), and Web Services (SOAP,--REST).--
- 4+ years software deployment, maintenance, and software integration experience. --Additional Preferred Skills:
- CentOS Linux, VMware, TCP/IP Networking, OracleSQL,--PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Gerrit, JIRA, STASH
- Experience working in VMware, KVM, Docker.
- Experience with Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS), Oracle--Service Bus (OSB),
- Experience with Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF, Karaf, and--Solace PubSub appliances.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of JMS clients and--connections.
- Work with Web Services interoperability, WS-*--standards. -- Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your r--sum-- for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r--sum--, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one.-- Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.-- In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be--subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information -- --
Keywords: Harris Corp, Melbourne , Software Engineer Full Stack, IT / Software / Systems , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!