Software Engineer (Java)
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Overview Peraton is seeking a Software Engineer in Melbourne, FL. to provide Satellite TT&C software development and support for our mission critical customer. Responsibilities Research, design, and development of computer software systems, including requirement analysis, design, development and test of software products. Requires the application of the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Utilizes software system testing procedures, programming and documentation. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects and ability to handle routine tasks. Solves problems of moderate scope/complexity. Demonstrates a strong grasp of debugging skills. Qualifications REQUIRED:
- BS degree (or equivalent) with 6 years of related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience designing and developing Satellite TT&C applications utilizing Java/C/C++, including working knowledge of standard libraries and design patterns.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience with software development methodologies and life-cycles; specifications, design, implementation and testing.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience with Unix, preferably Solaris
- Experience with OS/COMET and COMET Control Language(CCL)
- Experience working on GPS OCS and/or OCX
- DoD Secret clearance PREFERRED:
- Proficient communication and organization skills to interact with internal company contacts and customers.
- Familiarity with Software Development Cycles and Software Sustainment
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires the candidate to be able to maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship. About Peraton Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada. EEO Statement We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Melbourne , Software Engineer (Java), IT / Software / Systems , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!