Software Developer Backend (C#, .NET CORE, SQL)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company IntroOrion180, www.orion180.com, is a technology-based
insurance company, providing property insurance solutions using a
proprietary technology platform. Orion180 offers homeowners
insurance products combined with a software platform and mobile
app, making the insurance process easier for agents and the insured
by giving them the ability to manage, bind, and quote policies.
Orion180's mission is to offer a suite of insurance products,
through both the agent and consumer channels via its best-in-class
technology platform. Orion180 has experienced rapid growth since
its inception in 2017 and is currently providing insurance
solutions in multiple states. National expansion is on the horizon,
the need for talented individuals to join the team is here. Do you
think you can drive Orion180 toward its mission?Job SummaryThe
Software Developer- Backend will help build innovative business web
apps. They will have a good foundation in software development and
be able to follow established design patterns and best practices.
Software development in the areas of C#, .NET Core and SQL. This
position is on-site in Melbourne, FL. Relocation benefits are
available for qualifying candidates. Currently, Orion180 is not
offering employment sponsorship.Role and ResponsibilitiesTo perform
the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily and should demonstrate the following
competencies to consistently perform the essential functions of
this position. All employees are expected to adhere to and be
knowledgeable of Orion180 operations standards, established
security/safety rules and requirements for attendance. The
requirements listed below are representative of the fundamental
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Build REST endpoints in C# and .NET Core.
- ---Build LINQ and SQL queries.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
- Work well and professionally on an Agile Scrum Team with others
- Follow through on instructions provided by Product
Owner/Manager and Technical Lead.
- Meet or exceed sprint commitments.Qualifications and Education
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information
Systems, or equivalent degree.
- 5 years' experience developing web applications, familiarity
software development methodology and release processes.
- Technical experience with C#, .NET Core, LINQ, and EF
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience in MS Stack: SQL, REST Services, C# .NET Core,
Bootstrap, and Vue.js on MS Azure.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced agile software development
- A can-do attitude must be self-directed with the ability to
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate with advanced software and administration
skills. --- Aptitude and willingness to learn new
technologiesPreferred Skills --- Ability to work effectively with
all levels. --- Excellent time management and organizational
skills. --- Awareness of business trends. --- Accuracy and
attention to detail.Physical DemandsWhile performing general office
duties for this position, the employee is regularly required to
sit, stand and/or walk around (including the use of stairs). Other
demands include the ability to openly communicate with others by
talking, listening, and reading, able to lift light objects (Work
EnvironmentThe office environment is generally quiet and, in a
temperature, controlled setting with random adjustments in noise or
temperature due conversations, unscheduled maintenance repairs to
the building or its interior offices or unpredictable situations
due to weather or other acts beyond company control. An employee
must be willing to work their regularly assigned work schedule for
their duties and/or job responsibilities and in times of need, be
able to work an extended schedule depending on company/department
needs, project requirements or customer demands. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be
discriminated against based on disability.
Keywords: Orion180, Melbourne , Software Developer Backend (C#, .NET CORE, SQL), IT / Software / Systems , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!