Posted on: November 18, 2021
SMTC is hiring for a Software Engineer in Melbourne, FL!SMTC
Corporation was founded in 1985. SMTC is a mid-size provider of
end-to-end electronics manufacturing services (EMS) including PCBA
production, systems integration and comprehensive testing services,
enclosure fabrication, as well as product design, sustaining
engineering and supply chain management services. SMTC has
facilities in the United States, Mexico, China and Canada. Services
extend over the entire electronic product life cycle from the
development and introduction of new products through to the growth,
maturity and end-of-life phases.Benefits Highlights:
- 401K with company match
- PTO, Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical HRA Plan
- Short term/Long term Disability Insurance, etc.The Software
Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Design, Write, Modify source and program code/options for SMTC
software & databases.
- Complete object-oriented analysis and design.
- Design system specifications and documentation.
- Maintain current knowledge of new technologies and
- Advise and consult co-workers.
- Consult with end-users for program efficiency and future
- Provide development support.
- Provide project/task time and cost estimates.
- Plan and conduct component/system tests.
- Create test environments.
- Maintain standards to assure software quality.Education and
Experience for the Software Engineer:
- Collecting and analyzing research data.
- Computer system usage and communications software including
word processing, Windows, C++, Dynamics GP, MAX, Factory Logix,
Rapid Response, Windows 32/64-bit API, .NET, HTML, Visual Basic,
Oracle, Direct X, ActiveMovie, Java Script, Java, XML, and
- Managing and organizing work.
- Determining logical solutions to complicated problems.
- Superior ability to read and interpret written material
including the recognition of technical terms and jargon.
- Setting specific goals and priorities.
- Computing multiple-step mathematical calculations.SMTC is an
equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status,
genetic information or other protected status.If you require
assistance completing this application due to a disability, please
contact Human Resources to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process.
Keywords: SMTC, Melbourne , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!