Technical Writer *MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE*
Company: Tsymmetry, Inc.
Posted on: May 13, 2020
The Technical Writer shall consult with technical staff to
determine format, content, and organization of technical documents,
reports, presentations, and proposals. The Technical Writer shall
research, write, edit and proofread technical data for use in
documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and
specifications. Ensures technical documentation is accurate,
complete, meets editorial and government specifications and adheres
to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
write, edit, and produce summaries, introductions, backgrounds, and
facilities sections of technical proposals. The Technical Writer
shall verify that reports, presentations, and proposals are clearly
written and responsive to customer and company/client
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to
set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and
- Prepare official meeting minutes for quick delivery and
maintain files of documents on SharePoint.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by
other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with SME, stakeholders, project team members to
establish technical specifications and to determine subject
material to be developed for publication.
- Responsible for the review of project documentation prior to
- Select drawings, sketches, diagrams, charts, and screenshots to
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to
integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and
production sequence and detail.
- Interview production and engineering personnel and read
journals and other material to become familiar with product
technologies and production methods.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities
to determine standard operating procedure and detail.
- Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for
revisions in previously published materials and development of new
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all
- Creates many different types of user documentation (how-to
guides, quick references, quick cards, or cheat sheets, standard
operating procedures (SOP), user manuals, users guides, training
guides, white papers, service level agreements (SLA), and/or data
- Collaborate with internal review of all project
- Turn drafts into smooth, tight writing that eliminates
verbosity and results in easier reading and better
- Edit written material for clarity, flow, proper English and
- Take hand drawn illustrations (e.g. workflow diagrams), re-draw
them to MS Visio, and embed them into Microsoft Word
- Scan documents, add meta tags, and store in the correct project
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical
- Translates technical information into clear, readable documents
to be used by technical and non- technical personnel.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- Fluency in office tools including Word, SharePoint, Excel and
PowerPoint, and a good day-to-day knowledge of IT systems in
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- ITIL certification and IT or engineering technical writing
experience is a plus
Keywords: Tsymmetry, Inc., Melbourne , Technical Writer *MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE*, IT / Software / Systems , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!