FRONT END LEAD ASSOC - DG MKT
Company: Dollar General
Location: Merritt Island
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and were
still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
www.dollargeneral.com.GENERAL SUMMARY:Under general supervision,
lead front-end sales associates in the replenishment of front end
impulse fixtures and ensure exceptional service is provided to each
customer. Provides support to other managers as requested.DUTIES
- Lead the work of sales associates serving as cashiers including
six to eight active registers.
- Operate cash register and flatbed scanner as needed to provide
great customer service.
- Authorize voids and overrides; count register; make bank
- Assist in maintaining strict cash accountability, key control,
and adherence to company security practices and cash control
- Monitor cash levels and make appropriate drawer pulls as
directed by the Store Manager.
- Monitor cameras for unusual activities (customers and
employees), if applicable.
- Supply cashiers with change when needed.
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation according to
guidelines and deadlines as assigned.
- Responsible for training new cashiers;
- Cash handling policies and procedures
- Proper Scanning technique
- Engaging the customer
- Cashier selling activity
- Asking for additional front end help when lines start to back
- Responsible for the sanitation and execution of the front end
cleaning schedule.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies
and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures
manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in
food handling.Work Experience &/or Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years of retail clerk experience.
- Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience
- Attainment of required local and state food handling
certifications, if applicable. Relocation assistance is not
available for this position. Dollar General Corporation is an equal
opportunity employer.Indeed Job Title: FRONT END LEAD ASSOC - DG
MKT Requisition ID: 2016-92752 Street: 239 CROCKETT BLVD External
Company URL: http://www.dollargeneral.com
Keywords: Dollar General, Melbourne , FRONT END LEAD ASSOC - DG MKT, Hospitality & Tourism , Merritt Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!