Area Manager - Bealls Melbourne
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Function: To oversee daily operations, merchandising and
customer experience of focused areas of business. - - -Interaction:
- - - - - - - Reports to Store Manager. - - - - - - Extensive
interaction with customers, associates and Management Team. - - - -
- - Some interaction with vendors and corporate visitors. - -
-Essential Duties and Responsibilities: - - -People:
- In partnership with Merchandise Manager or Store Manager,
actively participate in the talent selection process for store
- Prepares and delivers performance reviews for direct
- Facilitate training for Merchandise Handlers on merchandising
standards, product flow, inventory flexing and signage to ensure
consistency of Brand experience.Disciplines:
- Partner with Merchandise Manager or Store Manager on the
development of store specific presentations and merchandise
- Adapt Corporate Adjacencies to specific division layouts.
- Implement divisional merchandising concepts - shop concepts,
trend ideas, lifestyle concepts.
- Partner with Merchandise Manager and Store Manager to identify
business opportunities and create action plans to drive
- Continually teach, develop and empower direct reports (if
applicable) to interpret Store, Divisional and/or Brand
presentations to improve customer experience and drive top line
- Coach and direct team to meet Bealls standards for:
- Guest Service delivery (storewide)
- Daily merchandise presentation and replenishment
- Daily recovery and rack maintenance
- Fitting room return racks
- Adjacency execution and maintenance
- Pricing: Ad sets, price changes and markdown presentation
- Execute all company policies, procedures, processes as required
and ensures full compliance of all operational procedures and
paperwork as well as federal, state and local laws and
- Perform all operational functions needed to run the store on a
daily basis (e.g. opening, closing, POS system, computer network,
maintenance, customer service and sales).
- Utilize daily and weekly sales reports to track, analyze and
communicate business results to determine strategies and maximize
- Communicate merchandise and product performance
opportunities/observations to Merchandise Manager.
- Communicate hardware, fixture and mannequin needs to
- Facilitate open communication with Merchandise Manager and/or
Store Manager on all pertinent information that relates to current
direction and/or opportunities to drive business within their
- Plan and coordinate execution of promotions, aisle and impulse
programs, and events. Manage a safe working environment and the
ongoing protection of Bealls assets and funds.
- Maintain current awareness and knowledge of the competitive
landscape. -Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Supervise department associates on a daily basis through
activities including (but not restricted to) interviewing,
motivating, delegating, promoting, counseling and coaching,
performance appraisals, and terminating.
- Supervise sales floor through coaching and motivating
associates to ensure quality customer experience as Team Sales
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability
to perform essential job duties.
- Must be able to stand/walk 95% of the day to perform the
essential job duties.
- Must have full body rotation (i.e., bending, stooping,
- Must be able to climb a 12 foot ladder.
- Must be able to lift at least 20lbs.Qualifications:
- Two years of retail management experience with a two year
college degree or equivalent retail management and leadership
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, build
partnerships and influence teams.
- Highly organized and able to adapt to quickly changing
- Proven ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and manage
multiple tasks efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to conduct effective Store walk-through's
- This position requires a 40 hour work week. During peak periods
it may require more hours and overtime must be approved by your
supervisor in advance.
- Schedule flexibility to include evenings, weekends, and
holidays to meet demands of the business.
- Must have a valid Florida driver license and reliable
- Ability to travel based on business need.
Keywords: Bealls, Melbourne , Area Manager - Bealls Melbourne, Hospitality & Tourism , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!