Department Manager (Full-time) Eastern State College Bookstore
Company: Barnes & Noble Education
Posted on: September 18, 2022
IntroductionBarnes & Noble College is a retail partner for
nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail
environment like no other uniquely focused on delivering essential
educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail
environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact
directly with our customers including students, faculty,
administration, alumni, and the general public to provide
outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general
merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic
community.OverviewBarnes & Noble College is seeking a resourceful,
driven, adaptable, and customer-focused team member to work as a
Department Manager. The Department Manager must be knowledgeable
about department and store operations, to provide outstanding
customer service to the academic and co-curricular community. You
will ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained,
properly merchandised, and operationally sound.ResponsibilitiesAs a
Department Manager you will support all store operations and
departments in partnership with the management team. You will
provide direct oversight of one or more departments in the store or
for specified operational functions. You must be knowledgeable
about department and store operations, provide outstanding customer
service to the academic and co-curricular community and ensure that
your area of responsibility is maintained, properly merchandised
and operationally sound.Expectations:
- Assist in the daily operation of the store in partnership with
the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager and the management
- Act as the Manager-on-Duty and maintain a working knowledge of
all departments in the store to provide daily support, direction,
and guidance to customers and team members to ensure compliance
with all standards of operation.
- Utilize analytical skills and knowledge of the campus you
support to best manage the day to day operations and make
- Assist with assigning work and providing focused direction to
booksellers to manage and accomplish multiple projects to ensure
the proper execution of the workload.
- Maintain a presence on the sales floor to greet customers,
answer questions, and assist with purchases of textbooks,
merchandise, or services when necessary.
- Maintain an appealing sales floortag, shelf, arrange, clean,
and organize product or space within the store.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash,
credit, or financial aid payments as needed.
- Full-time positions require availability to work at least 30
hours on a weekly basis year round. Schedules may be set or vary to
meet the needs of the store.Physical Demands:
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
climbing ladders.COVID-19 Considerations:Our stores comply with all
applicable federal, state and local requirements and/or
recommendations regarding social distancing and sanitizing. In
accordance with individual campus requirements, positions may
require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face masks
throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected or
- 2+ years experience in a retail setting as a manager or buyer
preferred or a graduate of the Best Seller Program.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to
products that meet their needs.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.EEO StatementBarnes & Noble College is an
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.Job Locations
US-FL-COCOAID 2022-1479Category Retail ManagementPosition Type
Keywords: Barnes & Noble Education, Melbourne , Department Manager (Full-time) Eastern State College Bookstore, Hospitality & Tourism , Cocoa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!