Pharmacy Technician II - Inpatient - Holmes Regional Medical Center, Full Time
Company: Health First
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Description:POSITION SUMMARY\:To be fully engaged in providing
Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by\: assist
pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining
the drug inventory, and maintaining patient records. Pharmacy
technicians work only under the supervision of a registered
pharmacist. They do not perform duties that can legally be
performed only by a registered pharmacist.PRIMARY
- Fills physician orders, medication carts, or stock requisitions
- Prepares intravenous admixtures or other sterile products
- Replenishes medications in Pyxis units.
- Delivers medication and supplies to patient care and ancillary
areas per established delivery.
- Rotates stock to ensure use before expiration date.
- Restocks medication and IV dispensing areas.
- Attends pharmacy staff meetings and reads pertinent email
- Participates in orientation, education, and training programs.
Reviews literature and other materials as assigned.
- Completes all competence/skills assessment requirements.
- Maintains patient and department/hospital confidentiality.
- Maintains Technician Registration.
- Identifies and replaces outdated and unusable drugs.
- Generates reports, pick lists, and labels as required.
- Maintains logs, records, and other required documentation
accurately. Files documentation in appropriate locations.
- Collects data, conducts quality monitors, and completes
documentation as assigned.Qualification:QUALIFICATIONS
REQUIRED\:Current State of Florida Registration Pharmacy Technician
registration or current State of Florida Pharmacy Intern
registration required.National pharmacy technician certification by
the PTCB or ExCPT preferredIV admixture experience
preferredComputer skills to support distribution systems
requiredAvailability to work long and irregular hours; includes
evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS\:Repetitive use of hands and fingers. Good hand and wrist
dexterity to enable typing and/or computer work for 8-10
hours/day.Good eyesight to read labels/prescriptions, graduated
containers of fluids, to count tabs, capsules.Good hearing to
understand phone instructions/orders, customers and those in which
the position depends.Ability to work in noisy distracting
atmosphere, to handle frequent interruptions, to adapt to changes
in workload and work schedule.Handle large volumes of work for long
periods of time.Walk, bend, stoop, twist, sit, and stand for long
periods of time, 8-10 hours a day.May require lifting and carrying
light loads (Up to 40 lbs.).
Keywords: Health First, Melbourne , Pharmacy Technician II - Inpatient - Holmes Regional Medical Center, Full Time, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!