Occupational Therapist - Melbourne in Melbourne, Florida - Careers at Parrish Home Health
Company: Parrish Home Health
Posted on: August 14, 2019
The Occupational Therapist in Home Health is responsible for the
assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to
functional status, activities of daily living, fine motor
coordination, home assessments and adaptive equipment, and other
occupational therapy needs as defined by medical conditions. Based
on this assessment and evaluation, the Occupational Therapist helps
to determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at
improving and enhancing the patient's well being, and evaluates the
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Provides service within the scope of practice as defined by the
state laws governing the practice of Occupational Therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Follows the plan of care by leading the patient in the use of
therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve
functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and the
physician the patient's response to treatment and changes to
the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and participating members
of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they
can participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the OT plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides supervision of the OTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary
report on the patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Conducts patient assessments evaluating the level of function
by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current Occupational Therapy licensure in state of
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Parrish Home Health, Melbourne , Occupational Therapist - Melbourne in Melbourne, Florida - Careers at Parrish Home Health, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!