Nurse Tech - AdventHealth - All Locations
Company: AdventHealth Greater Orlando
Posted on: June 21, 2019
Nurse Tech - AdventHealth - All Locations AdventHealth seeks to
hire a Nurse Tech who will embrace our mission to extend the
healing ministry of Christ.
Facility Profile: Established in 1908, AdventHealth is one of the
largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring
for more than a million patients each year. The 2,675-bed
acute-care medical facility, comprised of nine hospitals, has been
recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals
in the country for over 10 years. It serves as a community hospital
for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for
Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin
America. AdventHealth Nurse Tech may be offered at the following
locations (availability fluctuates for each class based on campus
needs): AdventHealth Altamonte, AdventHealth Apopka, AdventHealth
Celebration Health, AdventHealth Children's, AdventHealth East
Orlando, AdventHealth for Women (Orlando), AdventHealth Orlando,
AdventHealth Kissimmee, Winter Park Memorial Hospital Our nurse
tech positions are offered on the following units (availability
fluctuates for each class based on campus needs): Adult
Medical\/Surgical Specialty, Adult Critical Care, Float Pool,
Pediatrics AdventHealth's Nurse Tech positions are designed to
teach and support students that are currently in nursing school.
Candidates who receive job offers are hired as per-diem, part-time
or full-time nurse technicians.
Job Summary: The Nurse Technician is one who assists the nursing
staff in the delivery of patient care by performing specific tasks
under the direction of an RN to identified age specific groups.
Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all
rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal
agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in
outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in
maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Successfully completed first semester of an ASN or BSN
professional nursing program
- Proof of continued enrollment in an ASN or BSN professional
nursing program, with no break in enrollment to exceed 1 year
- Successful graduation from an ASN or BSN professional nursing
- If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing - approved
competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or
transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the
time of AdventHealth non-waived Point of Care training
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Up to 1 year after graduation, may use the title Nurse
Technician after successful graduation from an ASN or BSN
professional nursing program until:
- ATT (Authorization to Test) is received and\/or
- Failed NCLEX twice
- The employee may remain as a Nurse Tech only the above length
of time and only if a position is available and the employee has
Job Responsibilities: Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's
Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as
outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
- Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by
performing patient care tasks under the direction of a registered
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all
procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Evaluates for
age-appropriate behavior, motor skills and physiological norms of
the patient. Collaborate with RN as needed to assist in meeting
patient's needs based on evaluations. Reports abnormalities to
- Performs treatments according to policy and procedure. Provides
patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture.
Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance
improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and
monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and
initiatives set by the department.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use
of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces
- May perform waived and\/or non-waived Point of Care Testing, as
defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034.
- Assists in identifying needs and developing\/modifying plan of
care. In Surgical Services: selects supplies and equipment
according to Doctor Preference Cards (DPC) and needs of patient
based on Pre-operative assessment.
- Evaluates patients' developmental level, identifies increased
physical\/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of
support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
- Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each
opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis.
- Surgical Services only: Efficient and organized in skills to
assist team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover
times. Provides assistance and support as needed to members of the
- Surgical Services only: Performs in the role of surgical scrub
for basic, low risk surgical procedures by anticipating the needs
of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any
needs throughout a procedure. Ensure that all supplies, equipment,
and medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
- Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade skills. Performs other
duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of
the department or unit. If you want to be a part of a team that is
dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we
invite you to explore the Nurse Tech opportunity with AdventHealth
and apply online today.
Job Keywords: Nurse Tech, AdventHealth, All Locations
Keywords: AdventHealth Greater Orlando, Melbourne , Nurse Tech - AdventHealth - All Locations, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!